Motivation...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

j306c954

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this is kind of a lame post, but I have been trying (and doing well at) to stay positive and keep my head up until this point. Despite all my efforts, strategies, and practicing, I have yet to attain a decent/consistent score on VR. I am starting to get very frustrated and pessimistic (unlike me).

Any words of encouragement or VR success stories would be much appreciated :(

Members don't see this ad.

I ended up with the same verbal score as my diagnostic (10) so I'm not sure how to improve but what at least helped me never fall below 10 was to read the question stem very carefully. For example, if they ask what conclusions can be drawn, this means the answer should not be verbatim from the passage.
Similarly with "assumptions" or "implications". If they ask directly about "the author argues that..", then it may be something taken more directly from the passage.
Another thing is common sense errors - just because an answers seems common sense to you, it doesn't mean that this is what the passage argued. I think I was sometimes to eager to mark as "correct" answers which seemed familiar or common sense to me but weren't argued by the passage.

Good luck!