motivation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ssr

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello nbde part 1 aspirants,iam starting this thread to motivate eachother especially for those who got exams in a couple of months for which we need to study atleast 10 to 12 hrs a day during the last couple of months.u guys can post ur schedule daily and can let us know u did a 10 hr study at the end of the day.so this will be motivating for u and also everybody.so let me start.....i got my exam on april end.iam doing my first revision.i wish to do 3 to four revision.iam done with (revision 1)...
1.anatomy-brs,decks,neuroanat from usmle,few chapters from riculo. simple and kp review
2.DA-kp,decks,tmj and occlu from wheelers
now iam with biochem doing lippin.done with 2 units this eve.will be completing unit 3 before i go to bed.keep u posted.
come on lets crack the exam.
thx SDN
ssr

Members don't see this ad.

good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am also planning to gv my xm in april end..but not finished with syll as yet

Members don't see this ad :)
hi ssr...
i really appreciate your idea... i am sure it is going to be a good source of motivation and ecouragement. Its been some time and we are out of touch of the basic sciences and certianly need motivation to get back and do them again...
i am planning on taking exams by june... have just started reading.
basically following kaplan, dental decks and old question papers.

i am doing the anatomy, physiology and pathology of specific organ systems together... eg start with anatomy of GI tract, read its physiology and wind up with its patho... its easier to follow...

right now my pace is slow and i take 2 days per system but will try and accelerate

will keep you posted with the progress

hello everyone... i like this thread .. it could be really motivating

i have started 1 week ago .. i started with physiology . then just 3 days ago i decided to connect subjects together so i am studying the the GIT anatomy then gonna go to GIT physiology then the GIT pathology ( I know that is like bigtooth..strange chance)

I am working as a dental Ast right now ( 4 days per week ) so i only have 3-4 hours per day and i have two whole days to study on them and i don't study Saturday ...i hope that i will be able to take the exam by August isa.

hey liked this thread. first of all best of luk. i m thru wid lippin but i think we shud try to memorise the cycles at the same time when going thru the respective chapters.
m doin lippin + kaplan+decks /is it enough??

hi everybody,thx for contributing to this thread.i think gd55 doing fine.so dont worry gd55.yesterday ....was a bad day for me i didnot study well.iam still with lipids.want to complete it before i go to lunch.
keep u posted
and thx for everyone who r here
lets study
ssr

Hi I understand how difficult it is to stay motivated.I think that is the most difficult part of this exam.Between work and studies there are days when I am too tired to study.Somedays I get bogged down by the fact that I am unable to devote enough time to studying.Somedays u dont want to look at another book.Those days are worst.But I try to make sure I study.I wonder if others have the same issue.

yest was a bad day 4 me too...i didnt study at all..
dn know many things..a lot to cover..but still want a break for 2 -3 days..

hey guys....gr8 thread....
i hav done kp,n decks...... will b done vth da revision of decks b4 monday...... will b startin vth Qpapers den.
i c dat every1 is studyin so much 4rm dif books... dat makes me nervous sumtimes:: ..
i heards 4rm my frnds dat kp n decks n q papers wer enough.....
hope m on da rite track....
m i:scared:

hey guys....gr8 thread....
i hav done kp,n decks...... will b done vth da revision of decks b4 monday...... will b startin vth Qpapers den.
i c dat every1 is studyin so much 4rm dif books... dat makes me nervous sumtimes:: ..
i heards 4rm my frnds dat kp n decks n q papers wer enough.....
hope m on da rite track....
m i:scared:
hi venkatccp,from where we study is not important.all that matters is to have a clear concept.i find kp difficult cos iam very bad in basics,so i started following BRS.and i browsed kaplan later.so dont worry i know many people who got good scores with kp,decks and qp.

hi guys done with unit 4 lipids.biochem is eating my brain.so taking break.
later,
bye.

hi guys done with unit 4 lipids.biochem is eating my brain.so taking break.
later,
bye.

hey ssr...
thanks a ton.... feelin much bettr now:)
i too was so bugged vth books.... so took a break. will b vth books soon..... wish u da same.....

4 every1 out der...... cumn people v CAN DO IT.!!!!!!!!!!1111:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
hello everybody,hope u all had a good weekend.iam done with biochem.today iam going to do BRS physio.it has got 7 chapters-252 pages.i going to try my level best to complete it today.i ve rescheduled my exam to april 20.this is my 1st revision(still got todo micro path-1st revisi).i really want to do 3 revision before i go for the exm.iam not studying on weekends cos have to spend time with my hus,kid and mom.anyway come on guys lets study.

:) "Ozak, D. and Sokol, D., Dental Ethics at Chairside, Georgetown Univ. Press"

des r sum of da names of da buks.. i think wud help...i 2 hav no idea about dem.... but just found in sum thread......hope dis wud help.......

hey everyone .... u guys are doin gud.keep studying hard

also i heard that getting 75%of the que correct u can get a 90+ !!!!!!
is that so .....plz correct me if dats not true

hello nbde part 1 aspirants,iam starting this thread to motivate eachother especially for those who got exams in a couple of months for which we need to study atleast 10 to 12 hrs a day during the last couple of months.u guys can post ur schedule daily and can let us know u did a 10 hr study at the end of the day.so this will be motivating for u and also everybody.so let me start.....i got my exam on april end.iam doing my first revision.i wish to do 3 to four revision.iam done with (revision 1)...
1.anatomy-brs,decks,neuroanat from usmle,few chapters from riculo. simple and kp review
2.DA-kp,decks,tmj and occlu from wheelers
now iam with biochem doing lippin.done with 2 units this eve.will be completing unit 3 before i go to bed.keep u posted.
come on lets crack the exam.
thx SDN
ssr

Hai i am Seenu Can you tell me about the New pattern that is present now How should we read Just tell me the About anatomy too Do we need to do whole of Neuroanatomy ?

hi guys,i was just wasting a lot of time by not studying.felt very bad.getting up late in the morning.let me see how i do it for today.
cheers plz
ssr

Hai i am Seenu Can you tell me about the New pattern that is present now How should we read Just tell me the About anatomy too Do we need to do whole of Neuroanatomy ?

hi seenu ,i just did neuroanatomy from usmle.u can do it from any book whichever u r comfortable with.hope this helps.
ssr

hi guys,i was just wasting a lot of time by not studying.felt very bad.getting up late in the morning.let me see how i do it for today.
cheers plz
ssr
hi ssr
i'm also preparing for part1 and going to appear in the exam in april end..
can u plz tell which books to refer for ethics and patient management ???

read some information about pt ethics and management from first aid book for usmle-1 and also from website of dental decks ....hope this helps..pls let us know more about it..

hi ssr
i'm also preparing for part1 and going to appear in the exam in april end..
can u plz tell which books to refer for ethics and patient management ???

hi,i dont have any solid idea about dental ethics and pt management.do have a look at a previous post by venkatcpp.hope this helps.
ssr

i just managed to do 6hrs of study yesterday.iam really out of groove since a week.bit hard for me now to catch up with studies bcos i started prep from last nov 15.i know the last one month of study is very crucial thats y i started this thread.so just worried iam not doing good.hey guys i wud really appreciate ur motivating post.
thx a lot
looking forward
ssr

Hi I need some support ..I study everyday 4 or 6 hours, but I feel like nothing gets stuck in my mind... some advice to relax myself???

hey guys dny get crazy....(although m myself worried :laugh: )

things dnt get better by worrying abt thm..keep studying..

i just managed to do 6hrs of study yesterday.iam really out of groove since a week.bit hard for me now to catch up with studies bcos i started prep from last nov 15.i know the last one month of study is very crucial thats y i started this thread.so just worried iam not doing good.hey guys i wud really appreciate ur motivating post.
thx a lot
looking forward
ssr

hey ssr
i kno its hard 2 keep goin on 4 so long, i 2 hav been doin so since sum time....take a break get fresh n get back 2 buks...... dats wat i do....go freak out n start afresh.....nothin is difficult... u can do it gal.... just keep ur spirits goin..... my best wishes vth u......
god bless u....

Its v encouraging to see this all the best...
I was also planning to give NBDE1 in april but it may get delayed as i have finished DA And anatomic sciences but have the other subjects to do...
If we write the exam in june can we apply for 2008 class??/

be in high spirits..ssr.
we need a break ..studying whole week become too tiring....
i study very less at weekends and sometimes even dn study...

hi docaspra,venkatcpp and everyother person who i s here spreading cheers and motivation,thx a lot for ur continued support.i just took a break as venkat suggested and back again.i ve started BRS pathology.it has got 23 chapters.iam planning to finish it by tue or wed.let us work hard and keep moving.
once again thx a lot,
keep u posted
ssr

lets make this thread more interesting...
how much hrs is ur daily input?
do u study at weekends?
do u complete what u have scheduled for the day?

as far as i am concerned..
i dn study more than 2 3 hrs at weekends..mon to fri afternoon i try my best..

how abt u?

a very gudmornin.....
i study atleast 8hrs a day..... friday is horrible. coz da library here is closed n i dont study at home at alll.... n on weeknds i try studyin a few hrs.... rest..i freak out n take a break....:) :thumbup:

i was doing 8 hrs before.now kinda reduced 6-8 hrs.trying to increase.istudy for 3 hrs during weekends but this time i took a complete break.iam not able todo things according to schedule.but i keep trying.

we need to keep up the schedules...even i did not do anything over weekend...then got tensed on sunday night..and did decks..today i plan to do neuro anatomy and physiology....its easier to do like cns anatomy,then cns physiology and pathology at a stretch...then its lot easier....i feel....this thread is good...pls post ur study plans and keep us motivated!

i was able to do 6 hrs study yesterday.today its 10.10 am,iam going to start studying now.iam done with 10 chapters from patho BRS( got to do 13 more).ok guys.later,bye now.-ssr.

Hi frens I liked this thread very much. I am giving nbde-1 exam in june. I will do decks, ques paper, and kaplan. I am done with the anat and DA decks once. Now Working on biochem/physio decks. Shud finish them in 2 days. will tell u wen done once wth biochem.

mornin........
hmmm:( i hav been pathetic da last 2 days....hardly studied ... m takin 2 much time.... i fear i wont b able 2 finish da things i want 2 by da weeknd..... il try harder 2day.....hope i can do it..
try... try until u succeeeeeeeeeddddd....:) :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

same with me..its been 2 days..not able to finish just the decks for anatomy..today is the 3rd day..things are taking too long..

iam still doing patho.i will be completing it today.will post when completed.

hmmmm m done vth books 4 2day....
din finish as scheduled.....things not goin fine..........
never mind. will try again 2moro.....
try n tyr until u succccccceeeeeedddddd:thumbup: :thumbup: :) :luck:

hi,today iam going to start micro -ridiculously simple-revision 1.with this i will be done with revi 1.iam planning to study till midnight.lets workhard.got 35 days for my exm.any suggestions and advice will be appreciated.
looking forward
thx
ssr:)

hmmm things r not goin fine........ m feelin so frustrated. i took a break 2day.... din study anythin....m feelin sick n tensed.....
guys help..... help me get back 2 buks..... i feel terrible ...:(