motivation...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zanaida10

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
how do you guys wake yourself up when yo ufeel braindead, depressed and unmotivated?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
prozac.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Exercise, take some time away from studying to be with my girlfriend, maybe read some philosophy to gain some perspective, and blast some metal.

listen to RADIOHEAD or Sigur Ros.

if that doesn't work i read Sherlock Holmes. believe it or not, Doyle's stories are one of the driving forces for me going into medicine.

Put your alarm clock / cell phone alarm across the room so in order to turn it off, you have to get out of bed.

as for the depression/braindead/unmotivation, I turn to video games to give me the kick I need to get pumped.

to above post, dude, radio head is like sleeping music for me :laugh:

A good solid week of video games tends to make me sick of not studying.

Put your alarm clock / cell phone alarm across the room so in order to turn it off, you have to get out of bed.

as for the depression/braindead/unmotivation, I turn to video games to give me the kick I need to get pumped.

to above post, dude, radio head is like sleeping music for me :laugh:

I use that trick all the time :) Thanks to lofts, I can put it on the ground and have to physically climb down to turn it off.

The guys in the next room were pretty pissed when I slept through my alarm the other day though lol, the sucker goes for like 5 minutes straight and is REALLY annoying (even as alarm clocks go).

If you put in the extra effort now, think about what good will happen for you in four or five years down the road....it pays off

Where do you find it when you feel
1. braindead
2. depressed
3. unmotivated
???

how do you guys wake up, besides coffee alcohol sleep and rest and all that tedious crap.

I remind myself that I am so far in debt and have so much invested in this mother****er that I have no choice but to smile and take it like a prison wife.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-KDhVwD0UA[/YOUTUBE]

basically, i watch this.

I remind myself that I am so far in debt and have so much invested in this mother****er that I have no choice but to smile and take it like a prison wife.

Oh man, classic :laugh: Panda's posts always crack me up.

Seriously...think of the alternative. I sure as hell would rather be where I am now than the dude who asks people what combo # they want at wendy's for minimal wage 8 hours a day and then drives home (to his $500/month studio apartment with a cot on the floor and 13 inch TV) in his 88 honda accord lx with rust pitting on the hood and no air conditioning.

No matter how "stressed" you are about X test you have coming up or all your term papers or whatever, it could be MUCH worse. Usually this is enough motivation to get my *** up and start studying. Working out also helps, as do a couple other things I won't mention in this forum.

thats so sexy. LOL loved it
:laugh: