Motivational Story (w/ Pics) to The Hardest Working People I know (Managers)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JamesL1585

TheAntiSavior?
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

In 2012, I graduated pharm school. I didnt start working until 2013. I worked @ a big chain, supposedly a “better company”.

I worked really hard early on (like I have my whole life), to make sure I’d be on pace to climb the corporate ladder. I was one of “those” in pharmacy school. You know the guy or gal that was extremely ambitious, and got more excited about business/law/policy of pharmacy, more than residency, or clinical pharm stuff.

Fastforward to 2016. I have my dream store. Im getting ready to make my next move, either move up in the company, or go back to school to change careers. And all of a sudden a bomb is dropped on my world. My boss (DM), steps down. She’s my mentor, my colleague, and my friend. She’s a pharmacist. So she’s on my team.

She’s temporarily replaced by a non-pharmacist, and within 3 months my reputation goes from a market leading pharmacist, to a trouble maker. Her “problems” she cited within my pharmacy, whom Ive served for almost 3 years, was inaccurate in my opinion, and not suitable for my patients. So, I did what a trouble maker would. I calmly, and in a very detailed but respectful manner told her why her ideas might not be most suitable to my (mostly non-english speaking, uninsured, and low income) patients.

She responded weeks later by cold calling me into an office with another manager, and writing me up. Her rational for writing me up? She retaliated by watching the cameras for several days, and found a day where I didn’t double count a C-2 before dispensing it. This was her way to keep me in line. Things went downhill after this.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAK7AAAAJDc4MDFhYzYyLWI1NzQtNGJlNi05ZTZhLWQ1OTY0NDZhYTNmMg.jpg

A new permanent DM came in, which she trained. He came in from another country, and was also not a pharmacist. Same story. Within 2 months, he's telling me how to take care of my patients whom I had amazing relations with, identifying new problems within the pharmacy that were never problematic prior. Also needless to say, it didn't end well.

I worked anywhere from between 45-65 hours EVERY WEEK. The pharmacy opens at 9, I’m supposed to be there at 8:30 (even though I would leave late on a daily basis), but sometimes I’d get there at 8:40, or 8:45. This time, his retaliation method was even more clever. Called into an office, and I found out completely shockingly that I’m now demoted from my pharmacy (im also a member of the community as I lived 5 minutes from the store). I caught on to the camera thing, so I was sharp, making sure the camera caught me always displaying perfect behavior. What he did, was he on his own regard checked the pharmacy alarm timers to see when I came in. Even with all of my proof of overtime on a weekly basis, I was demoted, and made a float pharmacist.
21366955_1862976740508695_1860457903116968119_o.jpg

Now, this could be seen in many ways. Me being defiant, or not following rules, or whatever. But if you want to get rid of someone, sure it might take awhile, but select any silly, and sneaky method to do it, and it’ll be done in no time. But, this for me is more of a righteous thing. I loved my patients so much, that Id stay late everyday, help team up with my staff (whom I was also loved and highly regarded by) to make sure they left on time. But this, this is the problem with pharmacy in the first place. Who’s really running the pharmacy? Is it pharmacist? Or people whom have petty, and unrelated agendas to patient care?

Shortly after I was demoted (a week later) I had vacation. Prior to the minute of leaving for that vacation I put in my two weeks as my vacation was two weeks. That was the end of my career with the company. It hurt really bad. I hadn’t run across too many people that worked as hard, and as consistent as me to take care of their patients, as they felt it was an obligatory duty, to provide the best patient care they could.

2 years later, I’m at a top 3 university in the country for a masters program. I own a technology startup, and Im applying for internships with some of the most sought after companies in America. Please don’t forget how smart you are. How YOU have the Doctorate degree. How your patients are loyal to YOU. How hard you worked for YOUR degree. And most important of all, don’t forget your WORTH. Times are tough for pharmacist, and unfortunately, it’s not even a struggle anymore. “They” are taking over our profession.

I’m far from perfect (see below). But, I work hard, and if you’re still reading this, I want you to know, that I know you work hard too. Someone somewhere values your efforts, be it your patients, or your staff, so keep your head high, and don’t let these companies abuse you. You’ve worked diligently to be a well respected professional. Don’t ever let anyone take that from you.

A year and a half Later (last week). I got two messages from two former colleagues within the same week, telling me how poorly run the pharmacy had become, and that they missed me, and the DM’s didn’t know what they were doing. Also, they’re now looking for their 3rd manager in 16 months (I was there for 3 years, and thriving). I sent an email to (both) my former DM’s (see below), just for some closure. It’s okay to judge me (I could not care less). May the force be with you, friends!
ToldYouSo.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
So...you hiring?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys,

In 2012, I graduated pharm school. I didnt start working until 2013. I worked @ a big chain, supposedly a “better company”.

I worked really hard early on (like I have my whole life), to make sure I’d be on pace to climb the corporate ladder. I was one of “those” in pharmacy school. You know the guy or gal that was extremely ambitious, and got more excited about business/law/policy of pharmacy, more than residency, or clinical pharm stuff.

Fastforward to 2016. I have my dream store. Im getting ready to make my next move, either move up in the company, or go back to school to change careers. And all of a sudden a bomb is dropped on my world. My boss (DM), steps down. She’s my mentor, my colleague, and my friend. She’s a pharmacist. So she’s on my team.

She’s temporarily replaced by a non-pharmacist, and within 3 months my reputation goes from a market leading pharmacist, to a trouble maker. Her pickiness within my pharmacy, whom Ive served for almost 3 years, was inaccurate, and not suitable for my patients. So, I did what a trouble maker would. I calmly, and in a very detailed but respectful manner told her why her ideas might not be most suitable to my (mostly non-english speaking, uninsured, and low income) patients.

She responded weeks later by cold calling me into an office with another manager, and writing me up. Her ration for writing me up? She retaliated by watching the cameras for several days, and found a day where I didn’t double count a C-2 before dispensing it. This was her way to keep me in line. Things went downhill after this.

A new permanent DM came in, which she trained. He came in from another country, and was also not a pharmacist. Same story. Him telling me how to take care of my patients whom I had amazing relations with. Also didnt end well.

I worked anywhere from between 45-70 hours EVERY WEEK. The pharmacy opens at 9, I’m supposed to be there at 8:30 (even though I would leave late on a daily basis), but sometimes I’d get there at 8:40, or 8:45. This time, his retaliation was done similarly, called into an office, and demoted from my pharmacy (im also a member of the community as I lived 5 minutes from the store) after checking the pharmacy alarm timers to see when I came in. I was demoted, and made a float pharmacist.

Now, this could be seen in many ways. Me being defiant, or not following rules, or whatever. But if you want to get rid of someone, sure, go and do sneaky things. But, this for me is more of a righteous thing. I loved my patients so much, that Id stay late everyday, to team up with my staff (whom I was also loved and highly regarded by).

Shortly after I was demoted (a week later) I had vacation. I put in my two weeks as my vacation was two weeks. That was the end of my career with the company. It hurt. I hadn’t run across too many people that worked as hard, and as consistent as me to take care of their patients, as they felt it was an obligatory duty, to provide the best patient care they could.

2 years later, I’m in a top 3 university in the country for a masters program. I own a technology startup, and Im applying for internships with some of the most sought after companies in America. Please don’t forget how smart you are. How YOU have the Doctorate degree. How your patients are loyal to YOU. How hard you worked for YOUR degree. And most important of all, don’t forget your WORTH.

I’m far from perfect (see below). But, I work hard, an if you’re still reading this, I want you to know, that I know you work hard too. Someone somewhere values your efforts, but keep your head high, and don’t let these companies abuse you, and what you’ve worked to become all of your life. Don’t ever let anyone take that from you.

A year and a half Later. I got two messages from two people within a week that I worked with, telling me how poorly run the pharmacy had become, and that they missed me, and the DM’s didn’t know what they were doing. Besides that, they’re now looking for their 3rd manager in 16 months (I was there for 3 years, and thriving). I sent an email to (both) my former DM’s (see below), just for some closure. It’s okay to judge me, I could care less). May the force be with you, friends!
Uhh... I don't even know where to begin.

I think I'll just leave this alone.

Congrats, I guess.

You could not care less.

Congrats on sticking it to them. Success is the best revenge.

Reactions: 1 user
I won’t post anymore, after this. But, this is the problem with our profession, and why it’s going down hill. Many of you will read this and show all my faults, and flaws that I myself pointed out. You’ll sum up my 3 year career, for the 3-5 months that were not so great, and potentially, for the wrong reasons.

You won’t know that I saved 2 patients lives right within the pharmacy. You won’t know that I had precepted several students. And you won’t know that I called, and wrote a letter to make a complaint to the insurance commissioner of my state, when an insurance wouldn't cover Proair, while Ventolin was on a national backorder for several weeks for patients all over the country. I personally got a major insurance company to accommodate patients all over the country within a week of my letter, while working with the insurance commissioner. But, hey. I put myself out there to be criticized by people within my profession if they choose to do so, however if this motivates one person, I’ve done my part. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users
Good for you for not putting up with their BS. :) I wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Reactions: 2 users
You went to pharmacy school and ended up leaving the "profession" after 3 years? I have a feeling this is going to be a lot more common in the future.

Hmm look another I didn't do anything wrong thread. Why do I get the feeling the OP isn't telling the whole story

Like I always say, either listen to your bosses or get the boot.

I won’t post anymore, after this. But, this is the problem with our profession, and why it’s going down hill. Many of you will read this and show all my faults, and flaws that I myself pointed out. You’ll sum up my 3 year career, for the 3-5 months that were not so great, and potentially, for the wrong reasons.
You won’t know that I saved 2 patients lives right within the pharmacy. You won’t know that I had precepted several students. And you won’t know that I called, and wrote a letter to make a complaint to the insurance commissioner of my state, when an insurance wouldn't cover Proair, while Ventolin was on a national backorder for several weeks for patients all over the country. I personally got a major insurance company to accommodate patients all over the country within a week of my letter, while working with the insurance commissioner. But, hey. I put myself out there to be criticized by people within my profession if they choose to do so, however if this motivates one person, I’ve done my part. :)
You left out the part where you learned to program or gained experience in whatever tech related field your start up is involved in.

James, I think your petty email says just about everything we needed to hear.

It takes something special to tank 3 years of success in 3 months.

There's a little piece of advanced technology invented by the human race called "lying" that prevents non-professional supervisors of highly technical fields from doing what they did to you.

A mid-level manager only knows how to do one thing.
It's up to you to make them think they're doing that one thing.

To be frank, it sounds like you read "Who moved my cheese?" one too many times and you're after prominence and not outcomes.

Last edited:
Two things I've concluded from the original post.

1. I didn't know DM's could be non-pharmacists. All pharmacy DM's should be pharmacists...right?
2. It's been over a year. Just delete that email and move on.

Sure is a lot of bashing for no reason and pretending to know someone's situation like all situations are the same

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Sure is a lot of bashing for no reason and pretending to know someone's situation like all situations are the same

That's because it's another look at me, I'm so great thread.

I don't ever post on this forum, but I'll have to chime in here. Sad to say, I'm not surprised to see some people criticizing OP already lol. Is it really that hard to understand what he's really trying to say? His story sounds a lot like what I've heard from other pharmacists in recent months. Glad to see the OP turning his career around.

Reactions: 6 users

1. I didn't know DM's could be non-pharmacists. All pharmacy DM's should be pharmacists...right?

CVS has both pharmacist and non-pharmacist DMs. TBH I found the non-pharmacist DMs easier to handle.

CVS has both pharmacist and non-pharmacist DMs. TBH I found the non-pharmacist DMs easier to handle.

Don't the non-pharm DM's manage the other part of the store and pharm DM's manage the pharmacy? From his post, it seems the pharm DM was replaced by someone who was not a pharmacist.

Don't the non-pharm DM's manage the other part of the store and pharm DM's manage the pharmacy? From his post, it seems the pharm DM was replaced by someone who was not a pharmacist.

There is the Pharm Sup who is always a pharmacist and that person's boss is the DM who may or may not be a pharmacist. The DM can choose to not be very involved in the pharmacy if they are effective delegators or they may be very involved, it just depends on the person and how much autonomy they give the Pharm Sup. Usually the Pharm Sup is a kind of enforcer for the DM.

I feel like this can happen with any profession, not just pharmacy. Tech companies are probably more cutthroat and petty towards their employees even more so than pharmacy

Reactions: 4 users
I am happy for OP and can relate to going from having a boss you appreciate to having one you hate. Although throwing away all your training to start from scratch seems like a bit of an overreaction ultimately all that matters is you are happy.

Anyway thanks for the update, I hope it all works out for you the way you hope it will.

Your employer can get rid of you for any reason or for no reason.

I learned that the hard way when I was an intern.

That is why you should always have some dirt on your employer. Keep it in your pocket and pull it out when you need to. If they know you can’t fight back, they will roll all over you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why oh why would anyone ever respond negatively to a poster who objectively failed at retail, yet somehow expects us to believe they're the Elon Musk of pharmacy.

To be frank, they don't seem any different from the other "Should I sue my school/ACPE/CVS" style of posters we see on this forum, except this one has a taste for self aggrandizing.

Someone who really is at the top of their game, attending an elite Masters program, competing for top positions with top companies, while also founding a start up simply isn't going to have time or care enough to send spiteful emails to former managers 1.5 years after quitting.

To be clear, I don't believe any of the positive things OP has stated about themselves. I could be biased by knowing a few people who are perpetually on the cusp of "Making it big"

Nothing about coming onto SDN to post vague things tooting your own horn while also displaying unprofessional behavior is inspiring or motivating.

It could also be that I live in Austin and actually know people who actually run start ups.
I know even more people who have started up and shut down start ups.

Last edited:
I feel like this can happen with any profession, not just pharmacy. Tech companies are probably more cutthroat and petty towards their employees even more so than pharmacy
Yes, but with tech, it’s easier to work for yourself. Create an app or software and become rich.

Yes, but with tech, it’s easier to work for yourself. Create an app or software and become rich.

Just like sports and music.
Just perform at the top 0.00001% and start making millions

Rule 1 in corporate retail: pretend every idea the dm has is a great one while they are there, then maybe implement their idea for a few weeks (if you feel they're watching you) then slowly over time start to really half-ass it and go back to the normal way unless they are really hounding you on it.

Rule 1 in corporate retail: pretend every idea the dm has is a great one while they are there, then maybe implement their idea for a few weeks (if you feel they're watching you) then slowly over time start to really half-ass it and go back to the normal way unless they are hounding you on it.
But why? I respect people with a backbone who don’t take any **** from anybody.

But why? I respect people with a backbone who don’t take any **** from anybody.

Yeah... But you need leadership skills and charisma to take no **** from people.

If you're incompetent or lack leadership skills and you attempt to take no ****, you end up fired. Lol

Why oh why would anyone ever respond negatively to a poster who objectively failed at retail, yet somehow expects us to believe they're the Elon Musk of pharmacy..

I think Elon Musk is now the Elon Musk of Pharmacy.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I think Elon Musk is now the Elon Musk of Pharmacy.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I wonder how many times a day Elon sends spiteful emails to old managers.

"Hahah, in your face!

I'm taking on more student debt because I failed!

#blessed"

Note for students reading this:

Pharmacy is a SMALL world. It's usually always a bad idea to burn Bridges

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Hi guys,

She’s temporarily replaced by a non-pharmacist, and within 3 months my reputation goes from a market leading pharmacist, to a trouble maker. Her “problems” she cited within my pharmacy, whom Ive served for almost 3 years, was inaccurate in my opinion, and not suitable for my patients. So, I did what a trouble maker would. I calmly, and in a very detailed but respectful manner told her why her ideas might not be most suitable to my (mostly non-english speaking, uninsured, and low income) patients.

She responded weeks later by cold calling me into an office with another manager, and writing me up. Her rational for writing me up? She retaliated by watching the cameras for several days, and found a day where I didn’t double count a C-2 before dispensing it. This was her way to keep me in line. Things went downhill after this.

A new permanent DM came in, which she trained. He came in from another country, and was also not a pharmacist. Same story. Within 2 months, he's telling me how to take care of my patients whom I had amazing relations with, identifying new problems within the pharmacy that were never problematic prior. Also needless to say, it didn't end well.

I worked anywhere from between 45-65 hours EVERY WEEK. The pharmacy opens at 9, I’m supposed to be there at 8:30 (even though I would leave late on a daily basis), but sometimes I’d get there at 8:40, or 8:45. This time, his retaliation method was even more clever. Called into an office, and I found out completely shockingly that I’m now demoted from my pharmacy (im also a member of the community as I lived 5 minutes from the store). I caught on to the camera thing, so I was sharp, making sure the camera caught me always displaying perfect behavior. What he did, was he on his own regard checked the pharmacy alarm timers to see when I came in. Even with all of my proof of overtime on a weekly basis, I was demoted, and made a float pharmacist.

Now, this could be seen in many ways. Me being defiant, or not following rules, or whatever. But if you want to get rid of someone, sure it might take awhile, but select any silly, and sneaky method to do it, and it’ll be done in no time. But, this for me is more of a righteous thing. I loved my patients so much, that Id stay late everyday, help team up with my staff (whom I was also loved and highly regarded by) to make sure they left on time. But this, this is the problem with pharmacy in the first place. Who’s really running the pharmacy? Is it pharmacist? Or people whom have petty, and unrelated agendas to patient care?

Shortly after I was demoted (a week later) I had vacation. Prior to the minute of leaving for that vacation I put in my two weeks as my vacation was two weeks. That was the end of my career with the company. It hurt really bad. I hadn’t run across too many people that worked as hard, and as consistent as me to take care of their patients, as they felt it was an obligatory duty, to provide the best patient care they could.

2 years later, I’m at a top 3 university in the country for a masters program. I own a technology startup, and Im applying for internships with some of the most sought after companies in America. Please don’t forget how smart you are. How YOU have the Doctorate degree. How your patients are loyal to YOU. How hard you worked for YOUR degree. And most important of all, don’t forget your WORTH. Times are tough for pharmacist, and unfortunately, it’s not even a struggle anymore. “They” are taking over our profession.

I’m far from perfect (see below). But, I work hard, and if you’re still reading this, I want you to know, that I know you work hard too. Someone somewhere values your efforts, be it your patients, or your staff, so keep your head high, and don’t let these companies abuse you. You’ve worked diligently to be a well respected professional. Don’t ever let anyone take that from you.

A year and a half Later (last week). I got two messages from two former colleagues within the same week, telling me how poorly run the pharmacy had become, and that they missed me, and the DM’s didn’t know what they were doing. Also, they’re now looking for their 3rd manager in 16 months (I was there for 3 years, and thriving). I sent an email to (both) my former DM’s (see below), just for some closure. It’s okay to judge me (I could not care less). May the force be with you, friends!
View attachment 225392

Great story. But why even stick around if you are being forced to work in a toxic environment. You eventually did the right thing by leaving but I would have separated myself from that corporation a lot sooner. If the DM doesn't like you she WILL find a way to fire you. Everyone messes up some technicalities sometimes. The best revenge would be to pass out pamphlets to your customers telling them you are starting an independent down the road and put them out of business in town.

DM does not require to have a pharmacist degree. My previous DM was a technician, got business degree (probably master), became DM, then regional, now my divisional! My current DM is also not a pharmacist.

As a non-ambitious person, I would make a DM fire me for performance reasons if they came after me so I can at least collect unemployment. Like after you're handcuffed just turn into a sack of potatoes and flop to the ground.

Good for being ambitious, but sending a spiteful email isn't something I would have done. Just cut them off and let it go. Pharmacy is a small world.

Sounds like your version of "patient care" is something that is not measurable with statistics whereas your DM could have possibly judged you solely on numbers.
Can you elaborate on this point of disconnect in what the DM considers as patient care?

Either way, I agree with others in that you should have simply just moved on with the issue

Hey folks. I’ve been getting emails, and comments on here. Just addressing a few things.

1. The Purpose of the Post - Pharmacist are typically smart people. They’re not always the most social, or lively people in a party. But they’re smart. This also doesn’t stir them from being flawed. But, as I’ve been a VERY active member in the profession of pharmacy, I’ll always listen to what a pharmacist has to say, because again, I don’t think I’ve ever met a “dumb” pharmacist in my life. Because of the rigidity in the training, it just shapes people meant to do good work IMO. This letter was meant to resonate with those like me, who work hard, are dedicated to their patients, their team, and their community, and think that the worst thing about the profession is the expectations, and extreme and uneffective management and behavior that comes from DM’s and higher. IMO, these people in many cases are ruining our profession in every measurable point.

2. Pharmacy is a small world - Yes. Pharmacy is a small world. But DM’s who aren’t pharmacist, and could care less about our profession, and mostly are using our profession to spring board into a more corporate position. I don’t consider them a substantial part of pharmacy, as they go and come. If you have 50 people that have favorable relationships with you, and 1-2 people whom have a history of being abrasive to many people, and you somehow fall into that category. I think your reputation will come through. Now, thats my personal view.

3. I’m an atypical Pharmacist-. I’ve always been “different”. After pharmacy school, I considered fellowships in Government Affairs, and International Relations. My interest have always been mostly relational/law/business. This is outside the scope of the “Pharmacy is a small world”, as these aren’t typically pharmacist in these roles (where I think there needs to be a few). To add on to this. I have spent my time in different regions in the profession, and am now in the process of making the switch to a completely different sector. At this point, I’m already undergoing a startup w/ a small team and am also making use of a very expensive degree, and looking at summer experiences in Finance/Consulting/Strategic Management. These are all careers where you (mostly) utilize your personal experience, grit, decision making, and communication and relationship skills to thrive. Not how well you fake like you’re doing what someone asked you to do, instead of doing what you think is the best decision. I think many people who know me, thinks this would be a good fit for my personality, and my experience.

4. You do what you feel is best in situations - I’m not asking nor do I care of anyone’s opinion of how I dealt with this. That email gave me one of the best laugh I’ve had all year, since on this forum I’m the only person who has an almost 100% clear view of everything that took place. Also, the fact that I can laugh at this whole experience, when I walked out that last day at my store that I had worked 60 hour work weeks for the first 6 months consecutively to build into a place I thought patients could feel comfortable at was a big deal for me. I am proud of myself, for being able to laugh now. Regardless, the main reason I chose to send that email, was because I was tired of these “people” abusing their power. This was my way of putting a stance against that type of thing. You can stay quiet, follow directions, and do what they say even if you know it’s wrong, and not good for your staff or your patients. That won’t be me. Maybe because I always knew my worth, and that I’d have options regardless. To the one person talking about starting a pharmacy. If I didn't have the specific goals that I do. Trust me, you tagged me right on. I would strive to be that guy that puts them out of business.

Last edited:
Loved pretty much everything except for the email. Out of sight, out of mind. Those terrible leaders need to know that you sleep well at night. I would have just deleted it and moved on. The time you spent sending me that meme is time you could be using to better yourself, even if it took 10 seconds.

Almost all DMs at WAGs are non-Rph. Very rare to find a pharmacist in high level position at WAGs.

Loved pretty much everything except for the email. Out of sight, out of mind. Those terrible leaders need to know that you sleep well at night. I would have just deleted it and moved on. The time you spent sending me that meme is time you could be using to better yourself, even if it took 10 seconds.
I agree. The email kinda makes me think the situation has still been bothering OP all these years. It's like the company has been living RENT-FREE in his brain for all these months. Just let it go and forget it.

So why did you jump ship from Pharmacy rather than just getting a new job?

By the way the OP speaks, almost with arrogance, it sounds like a personality flaw caused the OPs problems.

Stay open minded people.

@JamesL1585 Don’t listen to the haters. You’re not arrogant for not allowing people to mistreat you. That email was unnecessary in my opinion, but no one is perfect. I don’t think one petty email defines you.

The Pharmacy profession is full of people who allow themselves to be abused/mistreated by anyone with a little bit of power. I’ve seen many good pharmacists get mistreated by DMs, Pharmacy supervisors, and Directors of Pharmacy. It’s getting worse now due to the saturation.

It’s great that you know your worth and you are assertive. It’s important for people to stand up for themselves and know when to leave a toxic situation that is not good for their well-being, health, or future.

Again, why did you leave the entire field, after being very successful at it? Furthermore, if you were told to be at work at 830, why were you repeatedly not on time?

How can people here be a hater when he has not accomplished anything yet besides quitting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

like for real...basically a humble brag story about how he's such a great pharmacist and how victimized he was. I wanted to barf really.

OP, I'm so sorry that CVS paid you 120k-150k to do your job....they surely tricked you good...you are the greatest victim of 2017.

Last edited:
Self-serving snowflake trite
I guess OP is a perfect example of what happens when a snowflake enters the real world. The world doesn't revolve around you or your puny feelings. The amount of workplace sins present in the OP's rant is staggering:
  • OP was late on a constant basis, yet he expects his employers to let that slide.
  • OP clearly cut corners (not double-counting CII meds) and complains that its trivial.
  • OP failed to get along with his boss. Sorry buddy, but you will always have a coworker or boss that you will not like; accommodating their BS with a straight face is a skill you develop in order to get through the workday.
  • OP gets demoted, so he rage-quits like a teenager at his first job (you spent 4 years for a PharmD, and you wasted it by quitting without getting another job.) Seriously, was this your first job? How can you be so reckless?
  • OP quits without thinking, so he spends the next 2 years doing startup work, a job he could have done right out of high school or undergrad. Talk about wasting your PharmD.
  • OP hasn't been gainfully employed as a pharmacist for 2 years after quitting wags. If OP is as well-regarded as he claims to be, he would have gotten another pharmacist job (FTE or part-time) through connections. I wonder why that didn't happen?
  • OP sends an unprofessional email to past employer. You can go around and tell people that your workplace sucked, but they now have proof that you were an unprofessional employee. How old are you?
  • OP basically wastes his PharmD by going back to school for a Masters degree.
This story is the opposite of motivational. It is a textbook example of what you don't do if you want to stay employed and have a career.

Reactions: 7 users
I guess OP is a perfect example of what happens when a snowflake enters the real world. The world doesn't revolve around you or your puny feelings. The amount of workplace sins present in the OP's rant is staggering:
  • OP was late on a constant basis, yet he expects his employers to let that slide.
  • OP clearly cut corners (not double-counting CII meds) and complains that its trivial.
  • OP failed to get along with his boss. Sorry buddy, but you will always have a coworker or boss that you will not like; accommodating their BS with a straight face is a skill you develop in order to get through the workday.
  • OP gets demoted, so he rage-quits like a teenager at his first job (you spent 4 years for a PharmD, and you wasted it by quitting without getting another job.) Seriously, was this your first job? How can you be so reckless?
  • OP quits without thinking, so he spends the next 2 years doing startup work, a job he could have done right out of high school or undergrad. Talk about wasting your PharmD.
  • OP hasn't been gainfully employed as a pharmacist for 2 years after quitting wags. If OP is as well-regarded as he claims to be, he would have gotten another pharmacist job (FTE or part-time) through connections. I wonder why that didn't happen?
  • OP sends an unprofessional email to past employer. You can go around and tell people that your workplace sucked, but they now have proof that you were an unprofessional employee. How old are you?
  • OP basically wastes his PharmD by going back to school for a Masters degree.
This story is the opposite of motivational. It is a textbook example of what you don't do if you want to stay employed and have a career.

But didn't you hear? His store never recovered from him leaving. For years they sought a replacement but NO ONE could do the job...you hear???? NO ONE. To this day, the company is still searching and hoping for his return.