Mount Sinai Essay Formatting Issues

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EnergyShotz

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone who has submitted (or tried to submit) the MSSM secondary noticed that their essays are all combined into one paragraph on the review page? I wrote two paragraphs for both prompts, but each prompt shows one massive paragraph in the review section. Do you think the Adcom sees it as one paragraph, or that this is just a glitch? Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

EnergyShotz said:
Has anyone who has submitted (or tried to submit) the MSSM secondary noticed that their essays are all combined into one paragraph on the review page? I wrote two paragraphs for both prompts, but each prompt shows one massive paragraph in the review section. Do you think the Adcom sees it as one paragraph, or that this is just a glitch? Thanks for your help!

Got the same problem when i submitted tonight. I ended up not worrying about it, since my paragraphs flowed well together. If you really want to separate paragraphs, you can always use SPACE, which should be counted as characters not words. Just a suggestion.

kalenakai said:
Got the same problem when i submitted tonight. I ended up not worrying about it, since my paragraphs flowed well together. If you really want to separate paragraphs, you can always use SPACE, which should be counted as characters not words. Just a suggestion.

Nah, that didn't work either when I tried it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I havn't submitted Mt Sinai's yet, but I know the Pritzker secondary was similar. I think they auto-format so everyone's essay is in the same font and looks similar...a way of leveling the playing field or eliminating any potential biases, perhaps.

Oh well, their loss. You can see from the printout of the completed secondary application that the fonts are tiny and in blocks... so I guess there's nothing we can do about it. Something to think about when writing these short essays.