Mount Sinai Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NYCheartlMD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone gotten interviews at Mount Sinai lately?

(I am anxiously waiting...)

Members don't see this ad.

*Patiently waiting alongside NYCHeartMD*

I will be declining my interview. I hope one of you gets the spot. Good luck to you both.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by ZekeMD
I will be declining my interview. I hope one of you gets the spot. Good luck to you both.

me too. thanks for the gesture-- that is such a thoughful gesture for those of us waiting for a speciific place. do you know when you will be calling them to decline your interview?

Originally posted by NYCheartlMD
me too. thanks for the gesture-- that is such a thoughful gesture for those of us waiting for a speciific place. do you know when you will be calling them to decline your interview?

Well, I was going to write a letter as soon as I got the chance. I suppose I could call, but thought a letter would be more formal.

You should really call...the sooner you tell them the sooner someone else can get the spot and make their plans. I already interviewed at Sinai so this isn't for myself.

I would very much like a Sinai interview, too. ::crossing fingers::

BTW, do they email invites? Or just snail mail?

my invite was email

Originally posted by KarateGirl

email

Originally posted by KarateGirl

invites are e-mailed as our acceptences (acceptences are followed by snail mail).

Originally posted by facted
acceptences

yeah, I'm waiting on one of those... how long? 4 weeks? I interviewed 1/16

Originally posted by jamnx
yeah, I'm waiting on one of those... how long? 4 weeks? I interviewed 1/16

Unfortunately, I don't know exactly what is on average. I heard that when the ADCOM meets, your two interviewers have to be there for a decision to be made, and if not, it gets pushed back week after week until that happens.

Personally, I was lucky and I heard a week later, but I don't think that's normal.

Originally posted by facted
Unfortunately, I don't know exactly what is on average. I heard that when the ADCOM meets, your two interviewers have to be there for a decision to be made, and if not, it gets pushed back week after week until that happens.

Personally, I was lucky and I heard a week later, but I don't think that's normal.

definitely not normal. I heard back (wlist) in four weeks. If you read last years thread, some people didn't hear for 3-4 months!!

please call. admcom-- please pick me :clap:

don't worry exmike - I was just looking at last year's thread and it looks like the waitlist moves a lot - but, since they interview so far into the spring, it doesn't seem to move very early on.

If you're planning to withdraw, do so via email. I sent a formal snail letter to the admission office like 1.5-2 months before my interview, but either it got lost or they threw it away or something. Two days before my scheduled interview, someone called me asking why I didn't call to confirm my interview, and I just had to politely tell them that I already withdraw.

in response to the original post: i got an invite about a month ago for an interview on march 2nd. anyone else there on that day?

declined my interview which was supposed to be in like 2 weeks or so... you gotta imagine there's gonna be a bit of movement these last few months b/c people are starting to finalize their offers...

good luck to all

I'm still waiting to hear about an interview. I'm flying out for interviews at Temple and Drexel late Feb/early March, so I'm really hoping they inform me soon if they want an interview. I've already called them, and they say I just have to wait. But if I get invited later, I don't know if I'll want to schedule a second trip. All this waiting is making me crazy.

same here..i'm still waiting for interview...i'm begining to think that it's kinda getting late...oh man...