• A new admissions hurdle is becoming more common: the CASPer test. Learn more about it at a free webinar hosted by SDN and PrepMatch on May 6th. Register now!

LoveMachine

15+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2002
London, UK
Status (Visible)
Hi - I've posted a similar thread on the clinical rotation forum...but I'm stickin up another one here cuz I didn't know which one would be the right forum!

Anyways....I'll be doing a subinternship in inpatient psychiatry for 4 weeks at Mount Sinai Medical School next February....and I was wondering whether anyone had done this elective (or any other psychiatry elective) at Mount Sinai before. If you do, I would greatly appreciate if you can please share your experiences with me, as I would like to know how demanding the rotation is (in terms of timetables, responsibilities, etc). The reason is, I go to a British medical school and i really have no idea how much my experience here would prepare me for a subintern position (b/c of differing teaching systems, clinical emphasis, DSM vs ICD classifications, etc).

I really appreciate any input on this matter.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.