Mount Sinai Secondary Payment Issues

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nakhrewali

Go Bears!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been trying for over an hour now to submit my $105 payment online for the secondary app and I KEEP getting error messages and random popup windows. I followed everything on the Help page and disabled the blocker, allowed all cookies and javascript, but nothing's working. I really wanted to submit this morning but this is just taking too long! The office was of no help either; the woman on the phone said that everyone else has been able to get theirs to work. Can anyone give me some help?

-Nakh

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
You could try from a different computer. Otherwise, I would just mail them a check..old school style.

SuzieQ3417 said:
You could try from a different computer. Otherwise, I would just mail them a check..old school style.

When I called them, they said that other people were getting the error messages, but when they hit the browser back button, they were able to successfully submit the payment. The woman made it seem like it's something I'm doing. I guess I'll shoot them an email maybe? Oh and I would give them a check, but they aren't accepting personal checks this year! :mad:

hey - when did you submit amcas and when did you get the secondary thing? do you know if they screen? thanks!

RedEye said:
hey - when did you submit amcas and when did you get the secondary thing? do you know if they screen? thanks!

My AMCAS was verified 6/14 and I got the secondary on 8/5. They don't screen either.

My issue with the Sinai secondary is that the site allowed me to pay the 105$ but upon doing so, the icon for actually submitting the application is unavailable. The site makes it clear that two confirmation emails signify a complete app, one for payment and one for submission. I only have the payment confirmation email because I'm no longer "allowed" to submit on the secondary site. Anyone else with this issue? I am calling the office at 2pm EST and if I get any concrete info from them I'll let you guys know.

About the original post, I initially was getting errors for submitting, but after several attempts made it through. I don't know how many times you've tried, but maybe a few more? And the suggestion to use other computers is good.

Good luck. The process is definitely getting a bit frustrating, and paying all this money is getting old.

AMCAS submitted 6/1, verified 6/9

jhrugger

Nakhrewali said:
When I called them, they said that other people were getting the error messages, but when they hit the browser back button, they were able to successfully submit the payment. The woman made it seem like it's something I'm doing. I guess I'll shoot them an email maybe? Oh and I would give them a check, but they aren't accepting personal checks this year! :mad:

I'm all for paying online, but you would think they would retain the option of paying the old fashioned way, to take into account electronic mishaps. I hope it all works out for you...I am still waiting for my Mt Sinai secondary.

SuzieQ3417 said:
I'm all for paying online, but you would think they would retain the option of paying the old fashioned way, to take into account electronic mishaps. I hope it all works out for you...I am still waiting for my Mt Sinai secondary.

Hey thanks SuzieQ. So after a couple tries I realized that it was the "#" in the address line that was messing me up. If anyone lives in an apartment, refrain from using the #! Phew... :rolleyes:

AMCAS verified 8/1
Received MSSM secondary 8/8

Working on the fairly simple required essay... and maybe the 1 optional essay. Thanks for the heads up on the possible payment problem!

Nakhrewali said:
Hey thanks SuzieQ. So after a couple tries I realized that it was the "#" in the address line that was messing me up. If anyone lives in an apartment, refrain from using the #! Phew... :rolleyes:

That seems like it would be a fairly common problem since most college students live in apartments...they should warn us about that. Thanks for the heads up.

Also make sure you enable the session cookies thing like the Help file tells you to...I couldn't submit until I finally did that.

WayChanger said:
Also make sure you enable the session cookies thing like the Help file tells you to...I couldn't submit until I finally did that.

Yeah unfortunately I read that Help page and changed my settings and it STILL wouldn't work. But yeah, make sure you disable all of the pop-blockers, enable Java and allow all cookies. The adcom said they're going to add the "#" thing to the application. Once I told them about the error page I was getting, they knew right away what the problem was. :thumbup:

AMCAS submitted 7/20
AMCAS verified 8/1
Rec'd MSSM Secondary 8/4
Sub'd MSSM Secondary 8/4

I also got the weird pop-up window that said "Application Fee $105" with the OK button, but then it disappeared while I was reading the payment instructions.

I also noticed that the connection for payment is NOT secure. Not sure if thay had a part in your error messages (extra security on your PC?).

Despite the pop-up and slow credit card processing time, it went thru on the first attempt. I received an email confirmation in my email inbox a couple minutes later.

I would suggest following up with the MSSM adcom staff on this matter and checking your CC statement for any multiple charges. Good luck!

Correction:

Rec'd MSSM Secondary 8/8
Sub'd MSSM Secondary 8/8

(sorry I'm mentally exhausted after 3 submits today)