Mount Sinai

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DNM503

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received an invite to interview at Mount Sinai in early February. I had a few questions... First, does anyone know if this is interviewing for the waitlist since it is so late in the season. And second...I was wondering if anybody who interviewed at Mount Sinai had any positive/negative impressions of the school? I have one school that I was accepted to that I wouldn't go to Sinai over unless they really impressed me, but I want to see if there is a chance of that...Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

DNM503 said:
I just received an invite to interview at Mount Sinai in early February. I had a few questions... First, does anyone know if this is interviewing for the waitlist since it is so late in the season. And second...I was wondering if anybody who interviewed at Mount Sinai had any positive/negative impressions of the school? I have one school that I was accepted to that I wouldn't go to Sinai over unless they really impressed me, but I want to see if there is a chance of that...Thanks!

I went into the interview thinking I may like the school but not too sure. I came away putting Sinai as my top choice. They have great resources, nice housing, extremely friendly students (about 15 came to visit throughout the day), pass/fail first 2 years, and great research opportunities. The only negative is that the students said the administration wasnt too good with career guidance, but the ew dean said he is trying to fix that problem. I would go, you have nothing to lose. You won't know if youd like it unless you go, each person has their own preferences. If you go and dont like it at least you know you you gave it a shot and didnt leave out any possibilities for schools.

preppy36 said:
I went into the interview thinking I may like the school but not too sure. I came away putting Sinai as my top choice. They have great resources, nice housing, extremely friendly students (about 15 came to visit throughout the day), pass/fail first 2 years, and great research opportunities. The only negative is that the students said the administration wasnt too good with career guidance, but the ew dean said he is trying to fix that problem. I would go, you have nothing to lose. You won't know if youd like it unless you go, each person has their own preferences. If you go and dont like it at least you know you you gave it a shot and didnt leave out any possibilities for schools.

Thanks!

preppy36 said:

I agree with everything that you have said. I would like to add a few more positives that I noted. First, the hospital is really amazing. The cafeteria is good and there are plenty of options for any number of dietary preferences. Finally, the student lounge was the largest and nicest that I have seen. There are multiple computers, a big screen TV, ping pong tables, and lounge areas. A negative would be not having a physical on site bookstore. I was told that the bookstore was shut down because it was losing money. Students now purchase their books and supplies via an online bookstore.