Mount Sinai

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DW

Fix me some sandwiches
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard from Mount Sinai yet? Rejections, interviews, at least a confirmation of file completion? I know my 100 bucks has been cashed for over a month now, but not a peep from MSSM, hoping to include them on my tour of NYC mid odctober if possible.

i'm really debating sending out fake rejection letters to everyone in that first email they sent :p

Members don't see this ad.

One of the guys I interviewed with at Pitt said that he had an interview coming up at Sinai.

I called them a while ago and they confirmed that my file was complete, but rather rudely told me that I'd just have to wait for them to contact me from that point on.(I didn't ask anything but whether or not my file was complete)

Mt. Sinai took forever last year, and they were not at all accomodating when asked if they would speed up their schedule because one had another interview in NYC.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by SMW
Mt. Sinai took forever last year, and they were not at all accomodating when asked if they would speed up their schedule because one had another interview in NYC.

Hey SMW, Iam glad you brought that up because I am going to be in New York in November for NYMC and wanted to ask NYU AND Mt. Sinai if they could tell me if I was going to be able to corrdinate a trip to their schools as well. Since you have gone through this process (or anyone else who has) what do you suggest. I do not want to have to pay to make three straight trips however, I dont want to rush a decision that may not go in my favor. Any suggestions? I was going to wait a couple more weeks to see if I hear anything and then call. But

Originally posted by SMW

Hey SMW, Iam glad you brought that up because I am going to be in New York in November for NYMC and wanted to ask NYU AND Mt. Sinai if they could tell me if I was going to be able to corrdinate a trip to their schools as well. Since you have gone through this process (or anyone else who has) what do you suggest. I do not want to have to pay to make three straight trips however, I dont want to rush a decision that may not go in my favor. Any suggestions? I was going to wait a couple more weeks to see if I hear anything and then call. But I am still uncertain as to what to say.

CRAZYTERP, I don't know what to suggest about Mt. Sinai. They were very uncooperative last year (in contrast to Albany who did let me coordinate with my early Columbia interview). I didn't apply to NYU, so don't have any insight on them, but it's definitely worth a try. I ended up having to make 4 trips to the east coast (from ALASKA!) for 8 interviews -- there was simply no way around it. It's always worth asking, athe worst they can do is say no, which many do, unfortunately. :(

(Btw, you can get rid of that double post by clicking on the edit button for one of them and deleting the post).