Move up from MCAT from May 23 date? (conflicting information)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCDavispremed92

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am scheduled to take the MCAT May 23, score release on June 25. I wanted to maximize the time available to me to prepare for the MCAT, given the damage a poor score would might do to do my standing as an applicant (3.88 sGPA, EC boxes checked).

I chose this MCAT date because it is the latest one for which I can receive the score before the AMCAS primary application submission to schools (June 28). My thought was I would submit my primary without the MCAT score on June 1, and expand to my full pool of schools immediately assuming the score was alright.

TLDR: I'm asking which of these is true
- I thought that, as long as a pre-verified/MCAT-less primary application submitted in early June has pending MCAT score added to (making it instantly complete on score-release day) before the AMCAS-to-school submission date, it is not "late" in a substantive way relative to early June complete (w/MCAT) application submissions.
- Advisor I spoke to informed me that primary applications received before AMCAS-to-school submission date are "ranked" in order received from applicant, and that this ordering is passed onto individual schools to which the applicant applies in such a way that an earliest-possible June application completion (from June 1 submission) holds real advantage over a (pre-verified w/out MCAT) June 25 application submission

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks. You certainly put it more precisely, but gratified to hear second seems to have been a bit alarmist. I'll stay on course.