Moved my MCAT to 7/18 - am I still okay for this cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akg0119

Reaction score
I made the last minute change to move my MCAT from 6/28 to 7/18. I think the extra few weeks will let me refine some content and take more practice tests. At the end of the day, a high MCAT score is the most important thing for me, and I know my score will be better given a few more weeks of work.

I already submitted my app to a school for verification in early June. I would add all the other schools once I actually take the real exam (scores come back Aug 4, but I was planning to add my state schools before then.)

Do you think that is still considered "on time" for this cycle? I know I'm not going to be in the first batch of completed apps, but will I still be competitive if my MCAT only goes in Aug 4? I have already taken the CASPer, so I'll only be waiting for my MCAT score and then secondaries.

I know this post may be a little neurotic (it's that time in my MCAT prep!), so any reassurance would be greatly appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad.

Pre-write secondaries as soon as you've taken the MCAT and you'll be fine.

Reactions: 1 users