Movement of SUNY UB Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doc AdamK in 2006

Now 2 year UB Med Doc
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone recently moved from the waitlist at SUNY UB to the accepted list? They told me that I wouldn't hear anything until April.

AK

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Adam,

Two weeks ago I wrote a letter to my interviewer who I have been keeping in close touch with (she was a 2nd year and she urged me to write her in March). My letter was basically just asking where I am on the waitlist. I also asked her to reply when she felt that the list was no longer fluid. She has not replied yet therefore I can assume that they have not solidified and began to draw from the waitlist.

BTW You should read one of the recent questionaires at Interview Feedback on Buffalo. The guy says that Dr. Paroski informed the interviewers that it is quite possible that EVERYONE will receive a call this year??? What are you're thoughts?

John

Hi Guys,
I interviewed at SUNY Buffalo on 2/27 and received an acceptance one week later. When I was there, Dr. Paroski told our group, that everyone that was on the waitlist last year got in. Apparently their waitlist does move. You will probably see a lot of movement after May 15, which is when everyone has to pick one school if they are holding multiple acceptances. Good luck :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey daisygirl,

Are you gonna go to UB or open that spot for me?

John

To Everyone accepted to SUNY UB that got in somewhere else and is not going to UB, it would be so nice if you guys told the admissions committee that you are not interested.

Have a great day

Thanks

AK

Hey John,
I have only been accepted to SUNY Buffalo so far. I have an interview at Stonybrook coming up and I have interviewed at Downstate. If I get in either one of them, I will contact Buffalo right away. I, overall, really liked Buffalo. The students and the admissions people were sooo nice. Good luck.
:D

For those who interviewed at UB, may I ask what your scores were?

USNews has their composite MCAT as 9.6, is this commensurate with what people have?

Here are my stats:
GPA: overall 3.68(Sci 3.72, AO 3.62)
MCAT: 8V 9PS 10BS QWS

I was put on the waitlist at SUNY SB and UB and Downstate

GPA 3.78
MCAT 28
Lots of ECs

AK

I was waitlisted:

3.6 GPA with double major
9V 11P 13B
Many, many recs and EC's

Although this doesn't have anything to do with Buffalo, I was told yesterday from the Director of Admissions in Upstate Med that last year everyone on the high priority list was pulled. They expect to do the same this year as well.