• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

    Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

k's mom

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 13, 2001
174
0
Pennsylvania, via Tucson
Status (Visible)
Any advice from the pros on how to handle a cross-country move? The only time I've done this before is after college, with a plane ticket, one carry-on, and 4 boxes shipped via federal express. Obviously that won't work this time with a toddler and household in tow.
What about move-in to campus housing? Any "special" hassles I should watch out for?
Thanks for any input!
 

Wifty

Eccentrically Silly
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2001
335
0
Jefferson City, MO
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
No advice yet to give you as we are looking at our first cross-country move in July.

I have moved from Washington to LA and Vegas, but those were easy.

All I know is that a 15foot van costs about $1000 and that is for 7 days and doesn't include gas!!! Penske is the cheapest I have found so far.

We are thinking of not renting the van, just driving a van with whatever we can fit, and buying any odds and ends when we get there. We would still be less then half of what the van costs!!!

Any input would be a huge help!!!

Wifty going from WA to Missiouri :)
 

squeek

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2002
224
1
Status (Visible)
Hi--I've made two big moves, so I'll give you what advice I can.

The first was from Anchorage, AK to Seattle, WA. This was an easy, college-style move: pack up whatever will fit in the car, throw in a sleeping bag, tent, and a box of snacks, and drive down the Alcan. A very beautiful trip, one I'd love to do again. I actually did this trip twice: once when I moved, once when my sister did. You just have to make sure to stop at every gas station you see, because they're 150 miles apart in some stretches of road.

The second trip, however, is probably more along your lines. My husband and I made the 3000-mile trek from Seattle to New York City in a Uhaul truck. We originally asked for the 10' truck, and that's what we paid for. When the time came, however, they didn't have any of the 10' trucks in suitable shape to drive 3000 miles, so they gave us the 14' at no extra charge. We didn't have to worry about a car, since we were moving to Manhattan, so we didn't need a trailer. I think the truck cost ~$2000, not including gas (which cost another $5-600), and this was comparable to other rental agencies (I checked around). And they give you enough miles to get where you're going, plus some extra.

Unlike the stories we heard, we didn't really have any problems except for oil. Those trucks burn through oil like you wouldn't believe, especially if the weather is hot and the road is hilly, so I'd stock up on 3-4 quarts prior to departure. If you don't, you may be stuck with a dead, overheating truck (ours wasn't dead, but it did overheat in Montana). Also, if you're driving on toll roads, take a BIG stack of quarters, especially in Ohio.

We stayed in campgrounds along the way (much to the amusement of the other campers)($7-15 per night, and we chose places with showers), and we worked the schedule out so we could visit grandparents along the way. I think the whole trip took us about 8 days, with 2 days in Wisconsin at grandparents and 8-10 hours of driving on other days (we didn't want to be on the road in the dark with that huge machine).

It wasn't so bad. My husband was a nervous wreck the entire time, though, and we killed an unfortunate number of avian creatures. We camped out one night in a torrential thunderstorm in Delaware, on a bank above the Delaware river, and every single thing we had out got soaked--including our dinner of crackers and cheese. There was so much water it was running in streams under the tent. In Minnesota the bugs about killed us...And I'm a girl who usually LOVES camping. Somehow you don't enjoy it as much when you're experiencing such a big change.

Also, we didn't know a single soul in the receiving end: Manhattan. Thus, while we had tons of friends helping us load up our truck in Seattle, it was just the two of us unloading one very hot, steamy Manhattan August afternoon. We were so strung out afterward that we drank an entire bottle of wine that night. But all-in-all, things worked out.

HOWEVER, we're not sure we'll do it the same on the way back (I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a residency in Seattle). We've decided to sell anything we have that's basically worthless (almost all of our possessions!), and if we can swing it financially at the time--even if we have to borrow a bit extra--we might shell out for movers. OR, we'll look into renting just a van or something small. We'll have to see...And if we DO drive again, we might spend the extra money per night for a hotel room and dinners out, even if it's at a seedy diner. (who wants to rifle through the truck to unearth the camp stove just to make another box of macaroni?)

I CAN say that the entire trip would have been much worse if we had children. You and your spouse would BOTH have to drive the whole way, rather than rotating like we did (which made it bearable).But it is definitely a cheaper alternative than hiring movers.

Oh, one other thing that we did that I would HIGHLY recommend: we moved 4 weeks prior to school starting (I started med, he started grad). Basically, we left at the end of July so we didn't run into August rent, drove for a week, and arrived 3 weeks before school started. That gave us a few weeks to get our new apartment in order, to find the bank and open new accounts, find the grocery stores, and explore our new city. That way we were pretty "settled" by the time school started, and we were able to focus on studies instead of getting things in order...also a good idea if you'll have kids starting a new school.

Good luck to you, and please let me know if you have any more questions. I'd be happy to help you if I can.
 
About the Ads

squeek

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2002
224
1
Status (Visible)
One other thing I should have mentioned...if anyone in your family is a AAA member, ask them to get you maps/guidebooks for the trip. My moher-in-law did that for us, and that's how we found campsites, hotels, things to look out for along the way (did you know they have a giant cow on the hillside in Dakota? WE saw it, thanks to the AAA books!) :) etc. Also, they'll print up door-to-door maps with driving instructions for you. We used them the entire way and then gave them to friends who used them for their cross-country trip.
 

k's mom

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 13, 2001
174
0
Pennsylvania, via Tucson
Status (Visible)
Thanks for the information. Good to know there are so many people on this board with ties to Seattle (grew up on Queen Anne Hill & went to Western Washington for Undergrad)
WE will be leaving our son with my mom, and she is going to fly out with him after we have settled. Good to know other people arrive early...we are planning the same thing. School starts for hubby in early August, we will be moving early July. As a bonus, my parents and our friends will be here to help us pack, and hubby's family is on the other end to help us unload...BONUS!!!! (We unloaded a truck by ourselves in the Arizona summer, and it was bad for our relationship :rolleyes: )
Please keep the wonderful advice coming...do the truck companies offer roadside assistance? Anyone try to tow a car?
Thanks!
 

Wifty

Eccentrically Silly
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2001
335
0
Jefferson City, MO
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
LOL Funny all the Seattle ties! :)
I walked over Queen Anne many a time on my way from SPU to the Science Center and hubby and I got married in the Space Needle. :)
I am going to miss the diveristy of Capitol Hill and the great hombows down at Pike Place. :)

Anyways, most of the truck companies do offer some roadside assistance, though I think for minor things, you are on your own...meaning it has to go thru your insurance.

I did tow a car from WA to Vegas on the 15 foot van. Piece of cake you just have to remember that you can't back up (or you aren't meant to).

Again, I think Penske is cheapest so far cuz they throw in the price of the tow equipment. Other places rent it to you from $100 to about $300.

Isn't this fun?!?!?! :rolleyes:

Wifty
 

k's mom

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 13, 2001
174
0
Pennsylvania, via Tucson
Status (Visible)
MMMM...you're making my mouth water! Those hombow from the little asian bakery on the east side of the street Pike Place market? YUM! Every time I go back to visit, I always make one stop there..they have gotten really expensive over the years though. And, unfortunately, I have never found any in Arizona even remotely close to those yummies.
Regarding home furnishings....you will never be alone with bricks & boards and plastic furniture. If the grad students I studied with are any indication of med students/residents, even the ones with spouses with good incomes lived very spartan lives. We have lucked out because the only furniture we have that didn't come in a kit from KMART for $12.95 was donated by relatives. Plus, garage sales are the best! I'm trying to convince my husband to give up our very used California King bed, and use the money we save by NOT moving it to buy a new one......he's not buying it though :wink:
 

Wifty

Eccentrically Silly
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2001
335
0
Jefferson City, MO
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
LOLOL Yep!! Those are the hombows I was talking about!! :) I remember when they were .75cents but they are a special treat now so I don't mind the increase. :)
Did you know that the little coffee stand in front of the Westlake mall that was an SBC was recently converted to Starbucks?!?! I hate starbucks!!

As for the moving, I am trying to convince hubby the same thing about the bed. If we didn't take it, we could put everything in a small van that his parents would let us use and save over $1000 on the move!!! We could buy a new one for that!!
Thats likely what we will do, par down to fit things in their van and fill in the blanks when we get there. :)

And its encouraging that others are living the same eclectic student lifestyle. :) I think thats why I like it....it is a reason to be truely eclectic in furnishings. :)

Talk to you soon I hope!!
Rebecca
 

docuw

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2001
324
0
USA
Status (Visible)
My fiance and I moved from Seattle to Omaha last July. What fun we had! We actually made it a mini-vacation, stopping at Yellowstone, Devils Tower, Mt. Rushmore, etc. on the way. We had a great time.

We got a Ryder Van for $700 for 7 days and 2000mi. This was a pretty good deal. The rental van companies will come down on their prices - call around to them all and get quotes, then call the lowest priced one and tell them that their competitior quoted $50 or $100 less (or more depending). They will match/beat the price, and if they cant match it, they will still come down (they have to ask their supervisor). Just dont make the mistake of telling the guys at Ryder that Budget offered a lower price (they are the same company!!! hahahah).

We pulled my Truck on a 4 wheeled trailer and drove the Civic behind.

Anyhow, my advice is making the moving van companies fight for the lowest price. They really do this!!! AND book now... the earlier you reserve a truck, the lower the price.

Oh, to be back in Sea-town. I miss the roar of Husky stadium on a rainy saturday afternoon, and the smell of coffee whisping in the air around every corner downtown... :wink:
 

squeek

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2002
224
1
Status (Visible)
Wifty, you're an SPU grad? Me, too! What year? Did your husband graduate from there, too? My husband and I both graduated in 1999. It's so nice to know there are other SPU grads out there...here on the East Coast nobody's ever heard of SPU, and there are way too many Ivy Leaguers who like to condescend.

And they changed the SBC to a STARBUCKS? I don't understand why people like that stuff. It's all over NYC, and I can't find a decent little Lladro-type place anywhere.

As for moving, I understand the bed dilemma. We have the same--but we can't get rid of it, as my father-in-law made ours, and it's beautiful. So we're stuck...although in two years we may sell just the mattress and keep the frame, as it breaks down into smaller pieces.
 

LoanGrl

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2002
63
0
Kirksville, MO
www.nowloans.org
Status (Visible)
Gosh, reading your posts made me realize I must have lucked into a good deal! I moved from Las Vegas to Kirksville a little over three years ago (not to attend school, fell in love with my now-husband on a vacation, etc.) and my 11 ft. Hertz truck was only $400 one-way! HOWEVER, we weren't towing a car. But it went through gas like crazy, we spent $250 in gas and it spewed oil and transmission fluid the whole trip! We just prayed we would make it back! <img border="0" alt="[Laughy]" title="" src="graemlins/laughy.gif" /> My friends who own a paper art store in town are former Seattle residents, you'll have to stop in and visit them, they'll enjoy "reminiscing!" They sold everything they didn't need, rented a truck, and towed a little jeep carrying two really large dogs!
My advice: just think of it as an adventure and think about the great cocktail party conversation you'll have to tell later! <img border="0" alt="[Laughy]" title="" src="graemlins/laughy.gif" /> Good luck to you all!
 

Wifty

Eccentrically Silly
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2001
335
0
Jefferson City, MO
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
I am enjoying this thread quite a bit! I guess I like knowing that all of you are being creative interior decorators like I am. :)

Squeek- Actually, after a few years at SPU as a math major, I dropped out before actually graduating. One of those 'realized I was doing it for my parents and not for me' things. :) I simply didn't want to stay in an office the rest of my life and do numbers even though I was good at them. I would have graduated way back in 1991 (drats I am old!). So, I did other things and had a VERY fun second decade that included living in Vegas and then Anaheim with my Disneypass and boogieboarding. :) Hubby is 6 years younger and actually finishing up his BS at Evergreen this year.

LoanGrl - however did you manage such a deal?!?!?! I think I will have to take the advice of docuw and call around and try to get people to lower their price. Oh, and I will definitely visit your friends in K'ville at the paperart shop!! I plan on visiting everything there. LOL I even got the bike of my dreams to bike around the town....I will be the red head with the flowy skirts and bike with a basket (with my coffee inside!). :)

For all you PNWers....we had snow today!!! Not tons, but enough to be beautiful as it slid thru the evergreens with the sun shineing down. :)

Wifty aka Rebecca
 
About the Ads

LoanGrl

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2002
63
0
Kirksville, MO
www.nowloans.org
Status (Visible)
Wifty, I have no idea how I managed with such a cheap rental, it was just pure luck, I guess! You will enjoy my paper art friends, and they LOVE running into people from "back home". They have found living here very refreshing (as have I), and they say feel that there is really quite a lot to do, you just have to look for it. It also forces you to be more creative and enjoy the simple things (like biking around the square or on campus!)! That's not necessarily a bad thing. Life is what you make it! Spring is coming, yippee! The seasons, the slower pace, the nice people, and so little traffic is what I love about living here. :) Good luck with your move! We'll have to swap Vegas stories when you get here! <img border="0" alt="[Laughy]" title="" src="graemlins/laughy.gif" />
 

Wifty

Eccentrically Silly
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2001
335
0
Jefferson City, MO
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
•••quote:•••Originally posted by LoanGrl:
•You will enjoy my paper art friends, and they LOVE running into people from "back home". They have found living here very refreshing (as have I), and they say feel that there is really quite a lot to do, you just have to look for it. It also forces you to be more creative and enjoy the simple things (like biking around the square or on campus!)! That's not necessarily a bad thing. Life is what you make it! Spring is coming, yippee! The seasons, the slower pace, the nice people, and so little traffic is what I love about living here. :) Good luck with your move! We'll have to swap Vegas stories when you get here! <img border="0" alt="[Laughy]" title="" src="graemlins/laughy.gif" /> •••••Ahhh....you just described to me all the reasons why I am looking forward to Kirksville. :) I even recently bought myself my dream bike...huge wheels, huge seat, upright...so that I can bike around K'ville (could use the exercise anyways!).
I would love to swap stories, though I was only there for a year. Still....it was a great, fun, interesting year!!
I can just see me wandering the halls of KCOM calling out "Loangrl from Vegas...where are you?" LOL
We are going to take a quick trip to Vegas before moving out there...have to see the new hotels you know!

With smiles,
Rebecca aka Wifty
 

LoanGrl

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2002
63
0
Kirksville, MO
www.nowloans.org
Status (Visible)
Ahhhhh, yes, we spent the Christmas holidays in Vegas with the parents. Hubby and I were married at Mandalay Bay, so that remains a favorite! Although this year, for the first time EVER, we didn't make it to the Strip, how lame is THAT!? We just enjoyed relaxing and the local joints. I didn't know my Type A hubby COULD relax, it was a nice change!
You would love it this morning, it SMELLS like spring today. :) I will watch for your flowing skirts and red hair, I love the excitement and energy in the air when a new class starts! :clap:
Have a great spring and summer!
 

cabinbuilder

Urgent Care Physician
15+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2005
4,626
2,542
Texas
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know the by reading this thread I check out the difference for us to use UHaul vs Penske for our move next month. Penske saved me $700 on my total move. Unbelievable!! So that's less out of pocket for me since my residency proram reimburses $1000 of my moving expense. This is so great! Thanks!! :D
 

julestx

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2005
24
0
Status (Visible)
Try the "Ebay of shipping/moving" at www.uship.com Enter all your info regarding what you need moved, and let companies/individuals bid on your move. It doesnt go to the highest bidder, it goes to whoever you select if you like what they offer. They have feedback you can read (like Ebay), or you can Google their name or company name, etc, to do your own little research. If you dont like any offers, simply decline or ignore them. We saved over HALF of what the cheapest moving truck was going to cost us to go from TX to NC.

The next cheapest deal we found (before we found this) was www.upack.com Their terminal-to-terminal deal is absolutely the cheapest if you're going long distance and you dont mind lugging your belongings to their closest terminal (and then retrieving it from the closest terminal in where you relocate to). Apart from that, they'll deliver a container to you for you to load, and will also drop it to your new address, for a few hundred dollars extra. They give you from 24-48 hrs to load/unload depending on your needs. But for a long-haul, they were the cheapest because unlike a truck rental, you dont have to worry about break-downs or paying for gas...

Maybe this will help one of you out there to save some cash...it sure helped us. :thumbup:

Jules :)
 

Do.the.DO

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 6, 2006
36
1
Status (Visible)
julestx said:
The next cheapest deal we found (before we found this) was www.upack.com Their terminal-to-terminal deal is absolutely the cheapest if you're going long distance and you dont mind lugging your belongings to their closest terminal (and then retrieving it from the closest terminal in where you relocate to). Apart from that, they'll deliver a container to you for you to load, and will also drop it to your new address, for a few hundred dollars extra. They give you from 24-48 hrs to load/unload depending on your needs. But for a long-haul, they were the cheapest because unlike a truck rental, you dont have to worry about break-downs or paying for gas...

Maybe this will help one of you out there to save some cash...it sure helped us. :thumbup:

Jules :)

We used the ABF U-Pack program, too. We moved from WA to AZ and it cost us about $600, but that was a couple of years ago. At the time, it was the best deal we could find and they DEFINITELY had the nicest and most professional customer support and drivers.

I plan on using them again when we move for residency.

Oh, one thing we did that helped to cut our moving costs was to get rid of some of our furniture before we left. Buying new furniture was cheaper for us than paying to have it moved. We didn't take our couch, end tables, coffee table, or kitchen table. The rest of our crap went with us though. (Including stuff for our 3 kids.)
 

Khenon

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2004
1,025
2
Rochester, MN
Status (Visible)
julestx said:
Try the "Ebay of shipping/moving" at www.uship.com Enter all your info regarding what you need moved, and let companies/individuals bid on your move. It doesnt go to the highest bidder, it goes to whoever you select if you like what they offer. They have feedback you can read (like Ebay), or you can Google their name or company name, etc, to do your own little research. If you dont like any offers, simply decline or ignore them. We saved over HALF of what the cheapest moving truck was going to cost us to go from TX to NC.
I just wanted to say that this website is friggin' brilliant! I just saw this and loaded my info. I already got one offer within $500 of my budget. I can't take the offer unfortunately (I have my budget worked out to the penny), but I can't believe it's even close. All the other movers I looked at were at least $2300 over my budget. Unbelievable! Thanks for this website! :thumbup:
 

Stephie

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2004
276
0
California
Status (Visible)
Does anyone know of a company with reasonable prices for shipping cars? I'll be moving from New Jersey to San Francisco this July without any furniture (all my old stuff is too cheap to spend money moving) and just a few suitcases. My fiance and I will be flying in and were hoping too find a good company to ship out car. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated! Also, when you have a car shipped can you pack it with belonging or does it need to be empty?

Thanks,

Stephie
 

samenewme

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2002
1,644
6
57
Wisconsin
Status (Visible)
Stephie said:
Does anyone know of a company with reasonable prices for shipping cars? I'll be moving from New Jersey to San Francisco this July without any furniture (all my old stuff is too cheap to spend money moving) and just a few suitcases. My fiance and I will be flying in and were hoping too find a good company to ship out car. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated! Also, when you have a car shipped can you pack it with belonging or does it need to be empty?

Thanks,

Stephie

There are companies that match people with cars with people who want to drive cross-country on vacation, but that's as much as I know about it. PRobably the cheapest way to go.
 

julestx

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2005
24
0
Status (Visible)
Steph - you should definitely check out that www.uship.com website as well. They ship ANYTHING (even people, who need a ride!). You basically put your wants/needs down on the list page, and let them come to you with offers! I'm positive that you'll find someone to bring your car to you, fully loaded with whatever you can stuff into it. Anyhow it wont cost a dime to try it, and if you dont like the offers, simply ignore or decline them. But give the page as much detailed info as you can. Tell them a general time-frame, tell them you would like to load the car with personal belongings, etc. Its truly amazing - I hope you get a good price. :)
 

CatinaOU

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
May 29, 2006
14
0
45
Norman, Oklahoma
www.myspace.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
k's mom said:
Thanks for the information. Good to know there are so many people on this board with ties to Seattle (grew up on Queen Anne Hill & went to Western Washington for Undergrad)
WE will be leaving our son with my mom, and she is going to fly out with him after we have settled. Good to know other people arrive early...we are planning the same thing. School starts for hubby in early August, we will be moving early July. As a bonus, my parents and our friends will be here to help us pack, and hubby's family is on the other end to help us unload...BONUS!!!! (We unloaded a truck by ourselves in the Arizona summer, and it was bad for our relationship :rolleyes: )
Please keep the wonderful advice coming...do the truck companies offer roadside assistance? Anyone try to tow a car?
Thanks!


If you tow the car be sure and do the kind that has all the wheels off the ground and not the kind that has two wheels still on the ground. The first kind is waaaaaay easier to control that the latter.
 

Stephie

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2004
276
0
California
Status (Visible)
Thanks for the advice- I'm planning on checking out the site soon!

Steph


julestx said:
Steph - you should definitely check out that www.uship.com website as well. They ship ANYTHING (even people, who need a ride!). You basically put your wants/needs down on the list page, and let them come to you with offers! I'm positive that you'll find someone to bring your car to you, fully loaded with whatever you can stuff into it. Anyhow it wont cost a dime to try it, and if you dont like the offers, simply ignore or decline them. But give the page as much detailed info as you can. Tell them a general time-frame, tell them you would like to load the car with personal belongings, etc. Its truly amazing - I hope you get a good price. :)
 

brodaiga

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2003
447
0
38
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
make sure you read the contract (movers)
they can give you extra charges for each stair flight, elevator, unnecesary extra wrapping, boxes, and if you are not there to receive the stuff on time they charge you per day!
never believe their arrival date, be ready. they like to show up on sundays when there's no open banks and ask you for cash only just so they can charge you for storage.

and whatever you do, never hire any company name: authorized movers!
 

ahumdinger

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2005
759
1
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Wifty said:
No advice yet to give you as we are looking at our first cross-country move in July.

I have moved from Washington to LA and Vegas, but those were easy.

All I know is that a 15foot van costs about $1000 and that is for 7 days and doesn't include gas!!! Penske is the cheapest I have found so far.

We are thinking of not renting the van, just driving a van with whatever we can fit, and buying any odds and ends when we get there. We would still be less then half of what the van costs!!!

Any input would be a huge help!!!

Wifty going from WA to Missiouri :)


Wifty maybe we'll cross paths! I'm going from Missouri to WA!
 
About the Ads
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.