Moving to Canada as an IMG after Residency+Fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gangstasanta

Reaction score
I've posted this before but I'm not sure it was in the right thread
1. I'm an IMG from india, if I want to train in the USA in a speciality like haem/onc, and move out to the Canada after that will i be able to do so? What will be the steps? How hard would it be to find jobs? Will my age (I'll be 32 by then i guess) be a huge obstacle? How will I get a PR? I am very early in my journey so I am just curious about the options right now
2. And also I want to pursue academic medicine, so would that provide any problems, like in finding jobs?
3. And my med school is not WFME certified (no school in india is yet, hopefully they will be soon) so will that be an issue in the long run if I want to practice in canada? I emailed ecfmg about this, and they said its going to be no problem to apply to residency as long as i submit form 186 before 2024 and i would be able to be ecfmg certified. So um if by any small chance my medical school doesn't get the WFME recognition but i am still ECFMG certified, would that be a problem when looking for jobs in canada?

Members don't see this ad.