MPH after medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Newt23

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question about timing and getting into an EM residency. I would like to complete my MPH after I have finished med school. This is to ensure continuity of the medical school experience, and to provide a framework for research during residency.

But I have heard that it is more difficult to get a residency spot if you take a year off before residency. Is this true? I would not want to jeopardize my residency potential for an MPH.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I have a question about timing and getting into an EM residency. I would like to complete my MPH after I have finished med school. This is to ensure continuity of the medical school experience, and to provide a framework for research during residency.

But I have heard that it is more difficult to get a residency spot if you take a year off before residency. Is this true? I would not want to jeopardize my residency potential for an MPH.
Thanks!

Hmm--from what my brothers tells me--I thought it was reapplicants have the harder time?

I think it'd be best to ask in the Allopathic Forums as fellow med students would probably know best.

best of luck in whatever you choose.