MPH Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigbob80

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying for the MPH program. On the application, it ask if I have ever taken the MCAT and if so, what is my score. I did take the MCAT and my score was below a 15. I really don't want to put this on my MPH application. Does anyone know if I can omit my scores from the application?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi BB90,
Put down the MCAT score--you surely have taken the GRE's which is what the admissions will look at. A low mcat score won't stop you from getting in MPH program. Make sure you have written a good statement that shows that you're genuinely interested in public health, have the rest of the application very well done and You will be fine. :)

Hi BB90,
Put down the MCAT score--you surely have taken the GRE's which is what the admissions will look at. A low mcat score won't stop you from getting in MPH program. Make sure you have written a good statement that shows that you're genuinely interested in public health, have the rest of the application very well done and You will be fine. :)

In my state, the GRE is not required nor is the MCAT. Should I still put my score? I'm just afraid that since I didn't take the GRE that they will look at the MCAT score.

Members don't see this ad :)
hmm...I am not sure. It seems like you aren't doing anything wrong if you don't put down your MCAT score. But if it still bugs you is it possible for you to talk with a student who is currently in that program? I think most programs' deadline for application is Feb. 1st. Try to talk with a student in your program or even an advisor if you can. See what he or she says. Do let us know.

In my state, the GRE is not required nor is the MCAT. Should I still put my score? I'm just afraid that since I didn't take the GRE that they will look at the MCAT score.

I am applying for the MPH program. On the application, it ask if I have ever taken the MCAT and if so, what is my score. I did take the MCAT and my score was below a 15. I really don't want to put this on my MPH application. Does anyone know if I can omit my scores from the application?

i wouldn't put the score down - unless u feel it's somehow unethical not to put them down.

those scores could only do one thing: hurt u. those scores are very low (we're talking combined below 15 right?). there is absolutely no benefit from them seeing them.

if you have any alternate test score, i would put that down and avoid putting down your MCAT score. that is only if they accept something else other than the MCAT.

The school's website will explicitly tell you what they require and accept as alternatives.