MPH concentration in mental health

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

6SAnthony

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any MPH programs that have concentrations in mental health? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I dont know of an MPH program concentrating in Mental health, but I do know that Hopkins School of public health offers an MHS degree in mental health. hope that helps!

Mental Health isn't one of the core areas of public health. You can definitely find mental health focuses within one of the disciplines of public health, though. Eg. mental health epidemiology, mental health social programs, etc.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You might also look at MPH/MSW dual degree programs. There are a lot of options to shop around...

What do you think you might want to do with your degree? Research? Direct services? Management?

I am not sure about concentration, but I did read something on the GWU website about mental health.

You can also take a look at the Member Schools page of the ASPH.org website; they usually break down what the different schools offer.

Check out The Chicago School of Professional Psychology. They have an MPH degree that concentrates on mental health. This is a school with 35 years of experience training psychologists that has recently expanded to offer a masters in public health degree.