This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StarryNight23

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I currently have an MPH in Chronic Disease Epidemiology and have been working in Obesity Prevention Intervention research focused in nutrition and physical activity for the last two years. My ultimate career goal is to work in implementing health programs and providing health education (and advice) to people in rural settings, and in minority populations. I want these programs centered around nutrition and physical activity and the health education to be focused in nutrition, physical activity, and healthy lifestyles.

I see myself working in either a clinical setting or in a non profit setting (very different but I see myself in both). I'm at the point in my career where I'm ready to transition out of research and work with people directly. What makes most sense pursuing an RD or a DrPH in Health Education (and getting certified in Health Education)? Should I go clinical - then eventually NGO? My fear with DrPH is getting stuck in research

Nutrition has always been a passion of mine - and I know that I'm not satisfied with a career in research. Working directly with people is what I want to do.

Members don't see this ad.