MPH/Public Health: Emory (EOH) vs. Minnesota (Epi)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureepi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am waiting to hear back from Minnesota Epi, so I am hopefully not doing myself any damage in giving you this advice! Here goes: If you know for a fact that your long-term goals involve/require a focus on epidemiology, I don't think you should dive into EOH with thoughts of "maybe, possibly, hopefully" taking a few ID classes. Yes, you would develop great connections at Emory, but if they're not in your ideal area of interest then you really won't gain much. I think your best bet would be to go to Minnesota, do really well and tap into every single resource that will help you advance your ID knowledge. I know it may seem like an awkward question, but maybe contact Shelley Cooksey and ask her what your realistic opportunities would be if you do stick with ID. She has always been really helpful and honest when I've spoken with her, so she would probably be a great resource in this situation. Good luck :)

Members don't see this ad :)
if you do not to plan to stay in Minnesota after graduation, then Emory will be a better place to go.