MPH & TM degree

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mvalento

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i've been reading about this degree (the masters of public health and tropical medicine), especially the one offered at tulane medical school. i'm interested in this field and wondered what this degree offered; the program website says that graduates :

"Work overseas in disease control programs within tropical developing countries at the local, provincial, national or international level"

"Explain the complex biologic, epidemiologic, environmental, social and behavioral aspects of health and disease in developing countries"

as well as a few other things of this nature. it sounds interesting but my question is: who do these people work for? government agencies? academic centers? or do they work for hospitals and do this type of work on the side? if anyone has any insight on this, i would appreciate it- i will probably email some faculty members at the school but i thought i'd check here as well. thanks-

bud

Members don't see this ad.