MPH vs MHA and what options for PhD + MPH/MHA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MPH aspirant

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am currently doing my PhD in Microbiology in US. I do not intend to be a professor, however will like to pursue a post-doctorate for experience, I would try to work on something industry related. Additionally I am interested in pursuing an online MPH. Initially I was confused between MPH/MHA, I realized MHA is business related solely and a MPH would still have options for research sectors open. I am not sure I am correct here or not. so please feel free to correct me with regard to the differences. In future I would like to work on public health but probably not administrative duties. I am interested in the Epidemiology/Biostatistics track of MPH.
Could you please suggest ( a lot of Thanks beforehand for that !), which one should I go for MPH/MHA and whether or not online programs are good enough, whether PhD in Microbiology will help at all in conjunction with the Masters degree, and what are the online good programs out there. I am completely new to this search, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you !

Members don't see this ad.