MPH vs MHA rankings?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluetrain84

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, I'm having some trouble figuring out which category of the new US News & World reports I should be looking under. I applied to a few MPH and a few MHA programs, all of which have a concentration in Healthcare Administration. I'm currently trying to decide between BU, Johns Hopkins and Georgetown, but I'm unsure of how to compare the different programs. BU is ranked #17 for healthcare administration but #13 for public health, but since I'd be getting an MPH in healthcare admin, which one do I consider as its rating? Same thing for Hopkins, #1 in public health, #12 for healthcare admin, but I'm admitted to the public health school for healthcare administration? If anybody has any advice on this, I would REALLY appreciate it. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

for a MHA or MHSA (or MHS/MPH in Healthcare Management specifically) you should consider the Healthcare Management rankings, if you're in a Health Management & Policy program doing an MPH in Health Policy, you should consider the Health Policy ranking...