MPH vs MHA - Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jahall05

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am new here. I chose to post this in the MPH forum because I am leaning more towards an MPH personally, but am open to hearing from those more knowledgable on the matter.

I graduated from an AACSB accredit business school last May (2014) and have yet to find a job in my field.

Here are my stats:
Degree: Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (AACSB Accredited)
Major: Human Resource Management
Overall GPA: 3.50/4.00
Major GPA: 4.00/4.00
GRE: Not taking, planning to not take if I don't have to

My goals are to either work in the field as a researcher, educator, professor, what not. If that doesn't work out I want to get into an Administrative Fellowship program. See: http://www.upmc.com/careers/students/admin-fellowship/Pages/apply.aspx

It appears that a Masters degree is necessary to do much in either capacity. As far as I can tell from the page I linked above, work experience is not necessary so long as one shows the capacity to succeed in the program or at the position assigned.

My top choice thus far is UNE's Online MPH program. I like it because it is GRE free, accredited by CEPH (though, I am not sure how important this is considering when emailing UPMC about the administration program the guy who runs it said accreditation doesn't matter so long as the degree is regionally accredited by a major accrediting body), and that it has a practicum requirement. Speaking to them I was concerned about finding a practicum site and the admissions counselor assured me that no students have not been able to find somewhere to complete it at.

So I guess I have a whole bunch of questions wrapped into one post...

Thanks in advance! :)

Members don't see this ad.