MPH vs Msc for my specific backgroud

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kingtiger

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone,

I am a Chinese student graduated from public health school. In China, the medical education and publich health education are different from US. I got a bachelor of medicine degree after I finished 5 year undergraduate study (2.5 year basic medicine+1.5 year clinical medicine+1 year public health courses).

Now I am studying in US for PhD in biology field. However, I want to come back to public health field so I plan to apply for a program in US public health school.

In my univereity in China, the public health school provides only one kind of master degree, no Msc or MA or MPH difference(Maybe now there are some changes I am not sure). I do not know much about the difference between Msc and MPH in US public health school.

If I want to find a job in US after I finish my study, which one is better? And Msc, MPH, which program is easier for me to be admitted considering my background?

It seems that WES does not regard my bachelor of medicine degree equal to US MD(In fact, my first four year study is almost the same with other Chinese medical students whose bachelor of medicine degree are regarded equal to US MD. The only difference is that in the last year I study in public health school but they continue one year resindency training in hospitals. After I graduated in China I began to study in US and do research in basic medicine, so I have no public health field working experience at all. I am afraid that many MPH programs and Msc programs in US require applicant to be MD or professinals with public health field experience.

Anyone can give me some suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.