Quantcast

MRTP 17th annual report

Application is now open for MD & PhD 2022 Intake
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neulite30

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
upload_2014-6-27_18-47-41.png

pitman

Grasshopper
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
A key graph, showing the hx of the tsunami, reinforcing that the increase in number of grads has decreased to essentially zero, with the peak expected next year:

Attachments

• grad_projected-to-2018.jpg
    grad_projected-to-2018.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

pitman

Grasshopper
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Something quite fascinating there -- I wonder if the 22 Commonwealth funded spots for int'l students includes all of the 104 spots created under the CMI initiative for that first year, or just 50% of them (reflecting the 50% Commonwealth/ 50% state funding for them). Either way (22 or 44), the number of spots taken up was much smaller than even I had anticipated and should leave no doubt that any of the 176 int'l student grads who didn't get a spot through the state ballots could have stayed.

And of course, the obligatory disclaimer: past opportunity does not guarantee future...

Last edited:

Comeonhavefun

Reaction score
I think Australians found the equilibrium for their supply and demand curve for international medicine students.

Someone paying 72k a year for tuition and insurance then on top of that living expenses which is about 25k so about a 100k a year in student loans. Just on 400k in loans at 7.5% that is 30k just in just interest. Once you get 90k in tuition I have to think a lot of these parents in the past who would have paid 70k plus expenses wont pay over a half-million for school and housing for a post graduate degree. (Going off of University of Melbourne cost)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.