MRTP 17th annual report

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neulite30

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
upload_2014-6-27_18-47-41.png

Members don't see this ad :)
A key graph, showing the hx of the tsunami, reinforcing that the increase in number of grads has decreased to essentially zero, with the peak expected next year:

Attachments

• grad_projected-to-2018.jpg
    grad_projected-to-2018.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Something quite fascinating there -- I wonder if the 22 Commonwealth funded spots for int'l students includes all of the 104 spots created under the CMI initiative for that first year, or just 50% of them (reflecting the 50% Commonwealth/ 50% state funding for them). Either way (22 or 44), the number of spots taken up was much smaller than even I had anticipated and should leave no doubt that any of the 176 int'l student grads who didn't get a spot through the state ballots could have stayed.

And of course, the obligatory disclaimer: past opportunity does not guarantee future...

Last edited:
I think Australians found the equilibrium for their supply and demand curve for international medicine students.

Someone paying 72k a year for tuition and insurance then on top of that living expenses which is about 25k so about a 100k a year in student loans. Just on 400k in loans at 7.5% that is 30k just in just interest. Once you get 90k in tuition I have to think a lot of these parents in the past who would have paid 70k plus expenses wont pay over a half-million for school and housing for a post graduate degree. (Going off of University of Melbourne cost)