MS I Books and Supplies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brian20

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a clue as to what books and supplies I should get for next year? Is it cheaper to go fishing on the web for books as opposed to buying them in the campus bookstore?

How about supplies like stethescope and that ****?

I really have no clue and would really like to get the books for cheap if I can. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

this is my advice, take it or leave it as you will...

1. Books. Dont buy anything now. Wait at least until you have your syllabus. The best source of information on what books are *required* vs which ones are useful is the second year class. Perhaps one professor asks nitpicky questions out of special topics boxes in a particular book, but another doesnt care what book you use so long as you learn the information. Board review books work pretty well as texts, too. But like I said, ask the 2nd years.

2. Stethoscope and stuff: wait until you find out what you need to get, then wait for the representatives to visit your school. You can usually get really good deals from them. If not, check online first and compare to your school's prices

Star

you can also check steeles surgical supply. It't online, and they have had some decent prices, although similar if not the same as the school reps.

Try to get books from upperclassmen.

Good Luck