MS in oral biology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

florarose

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi all...
does anyone knw wat are the job opportunities after finishing MS IN ORAL BIOLOGY..

Members don't see this ad.

hi all...
does anyone knw wat are the job opportunities after finishing MS IN ORAL BIOLOGY..
what is the requirement for o biology ist like international dds dmd program amd do u know what university we apply

requirement is toefl...it wud b good if u hv nbde scores also...
check on individual uni wesite to knw if they offer ths program...
its nt like dmd/dds...it does nt lead to licensure

Members don't see this ad :)
requirement is toefl...it wud b good if u hv nbde scores also...
check on individual uni wesite to knw if they offer ths program...
its nt like dmd/dds...it does nt lead to licensure

Hey Florarose, can u pls tell more abt MS oral biology? Do u know whch uni offer ths program? R u also studying the same thng? Whch uni?

Ths program sounds interesting.. ur response will b appreciated..

hello guys..
can anyone please tell me the job opportunities after doing MS in oral biology.:confused:
your help will be really appreciated.:)
please reply ASAP.

thanks

Last edited:
hiii
I am a FTD from INDIA.i am in a state of confusion as it has been v.difficult for me to select a course that would help me continue in dentistryt itslf in US.Meanwhil i heard of MS in Oral bio..i basically want to knw what will be the job prospectus for a FTD after MS.Whether we wil be allowed in academics in the dental school..or will this MS help us in any way if we want to do DDS in future..plz help..

I don't know if it will be of much help, but I received a MS in Craniofacial Biology from Dental School in US. Since it was in 1999 the job market was very good in general and I found job within 2 months after graduation in Biotech. Now I think it will be a big problem, especially for newgrads. Academia even then was mostly for PhDs. Again this is just my perspective.

Hi ..

To get the MS in Oral biology admission, normally universities will TOEFL and GRE/NBDE score... I did my MS from University of Louisville at that time of admission they accepted my TOEFL and NBDE score...

U can call universities that are offering MS and ask if they consider NBDE score instead of GRE, some schools will accept NBDE.

Regarding job market I too don't know about, I am also in searching...

Reactions: 1 user
acttr
Hello guys

Can u plz provide me an insight into job market after MS oral biology

acttr
Hello guys

Can u plz provide me an insight into job market after MS oral biology
hi
i am a FTD ans was seeking your advice on scope and job prospects of Masters in oral biology in USA? can i obtain a job in usa after doing it...keeping in mind i dont want to take loans and do my Masters in OB and then find out there are no job prospevcts... plzzzzz help...awaiting reply.thanks :) any hlp wud b appreciated thanku

Hi ..

To get the MS in Oral biology admission, normally universities will TOEFL and GRE/NBDE score... I did my MS from University of Louisville at that time of admission they accepted my TOEFL and NBDE score...

U can call universities that are offering MS and ask if they consider NBDE score instead of GRE, some schools will accept NBDE.

hi
i am a FTD ans was seeking your advice on scope and job prospects of Masters in oral biology in USA? can i obtain a job in usa after doing it...keeping in mind i dont want to take loans and do my Masters in OB and then find out there are no job prospevcts... plzzzzz help...awaiting reply.thanks :)

hi
i am a FTD ans was seeking your advice on scope and job prospects of Masters in oral biology in USA? can i obtain a job in usa after doing it...keeping in mind i dont want to take loans and do my Masters in OB and then find out there are no job prospevcts... plzzzzz help...awaiting reply.thanks :)
Well masters in oral bio is a great stepping stone towards getting into a dental school mainly bcz u r still connected to ur dental field and there are not enough applicants applying with the same profile.
but still maintaining a 1% chance with what if don't get into dental school in first cycle, then there are no jobs available and u will have to take up a phd to maintain ur visa status which is another 4-5 years. So weigh the pros and cons and take the best decision possible.
Good luck!
Kindly correct me if i am wrong!!

Well masters in oral bio is a great stepping stone towards getting into a dental school mainly bcz u r still connected to ur dental field and there are not enough applicants applying with the same profile.
but still maintaining a 1% chance with what if don't get into dental school in first cycle, then there are no jobs available and u will have to take up a phd to maintain ur visa status which is another 4-5 years. So weigh the pros and cons and take the best decision possible.
Good luck!
Kindly correct me if i am wrong!!
Thank u lone molar fir taking out time to reply:)
Well what I am gathering from what u r sayin is that MS IN OB is JUST a stepping stone and cannot b pursued as independent field in US since 'no jobs' in academics and moreover even if done so not without a PhD?? Am I right? And that it is like the best bet as doorway with a FEE of xx,xxx$ to DDD/DMD excluding the 1% negativity Plz correct any misunderstanding:) and I hope u don't find my post a bit crass but I am wanting some solid advice thanks again...await for 2 cents:)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
my honest opinion ...... very limited job scene

Hi ..

Hey DDSRam glad to find someone who has done MS Oral BIO can you please tell me job prospects? I just got admitted o a program in MS oral biology. PLease need advice. I would appreciate it alot! thank you!