MS Oral biology/biomaterials/craniofacial sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asghan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to apply for

MS oral bio/biomaterials?craniofacial science/dental science/clinical research courses for fall 2011.

I'm about to take GRE and TOEFL. have no clinical experience/research; since I'm a fresh graduate.

since getting into DDS is very tough,I'm hoping to apply during/after MS. Even if i don't make it to DDS can concentrate on MS and then Phd.

I would like to know if these MS courses have good scope/ job prospects?
I did look at MPH/ MHA but found they have lesser job opportunities. Also public health doesn't interest me.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
Iv completed my BDS in India. Interested in an MS in Oral biology or something else & then maybe head towards DDS or a PhD..
Could you help me out? Did you apply for MS??

I'm trying to apply for

MS oral bio/biomaterials?craniofacial science/dental science/clinical research courses for fall 2011.

I'm about to take GRE and TOEFL. have no clinical experience/research; since I'm a fresh graduate.

since getting into DDS is very tough,I'm hoping to apply during/after MS. Even if i don't make it to DDS can concentrate on MS and then Phd.

I would like to know if these MS courses have good scope/ job prospects?
I did look at MPH/ MHA but found they have lesser job opportunities. Also public health doesn't interest me.

Even I am a dentist from India... I passed my part 1, applied to some schools but couldn't get through this year..
I would also like to know about what are the job prospects of M.S or Ph.d in Craniofacial sciences...
Which universities provide these ourses?
How long does this Ph.D course last?
Can we internaytional dentist apply to such courses??

pls reply if any one has any idea about these...

Members don't see this ad :)
I had previously researched on this option. Ms in oral biology course is costly as they don't give any kind of scholarship. Also the job prospects are not that good even after phd. A phd will take you minimum 5 yrs..phd courses mostly do give funding. You need to take gre also to apply to phd. For ms oral biology you may get admission without gre.
The 2 universities offering ms oral biology at lesser fees that come to my mind are univ of Louisville, Kentucky and university of Georgia medical health centre.

I think mph is the course international dentists usually apply to.

I guess you all realize this post was initially opened over 2 years ago right?

I suggest that you search the forum, there are some threads with more current information regarding MS/MPH/PhD.

I guess you all realize this post was initially opened over 2 years ago right?

I suggest that you search the forum, there are some threads with more current information regarding MS/MPH/PhD.

Thanks. Can you please add the link here.

Thanks. Can you please add the link here.
Hi, I had applied for the PhD program in Craniofacial Biology 2014 Intake. Have been offered places in Michigan and USC so far--both seem to be strong, research-intensive universities. Have started my own link yesterday titled PhD in Craniofacial Biology, feel free to add inputs!

Hi.
For anyone interested in applying to a 2-year Biomaterials Graduate Program (officially called the Master's in Clinical Dentistry), information about the program can be found on our new website: http://www.uab.edu/dentistry/home/d...ciences/division-of-biomaterials/100-programs
The program has been around for a long time, however, our school recently updated our website. Several applicants have had difficulty finding information about the program due to the difficulty of navigating the new website. If you have any questions about the program, feel free to email me: http://www.uab.edu/dentistry/home/d...iences/division-of-biomaterials/182-directory
Nate Lawson DMD PhD
UAB School of Dentistry
Division of Biomaterials

Hi.
For anyone interested in applying to a 2-year Biomaterials Graduate Program (officially called the Master's in Clinical Dentistry), information about the program can be found on our new website: http://www.uab.edu/dentistry/home/d...ciences/division-of-biomaterials/100-programs
The program has been around for a long time, however, our school recently updated our website. Several applicants have had difficulty finding information about the program due to the difficulty of navigating the new website. If you have any questions about the program, feel free to email me: http://www.uab.edu/dentistry/home/d...iences/division-of-biomaterials/182-directory
Nate Lawson DMD PhD
UAB School of Dentistry
Division of Biomaterials

Dr. Lawson,

Thank you for this wonderful link and an opportunity to apply to the Biomaterials Graduate Program. I am a naive and request you to please elaborate on the job opportunities after I pursue this program. With Phd definitely more doors would open up and if I don't plan to do a Phd then how would it be?

Thanks!
acttr

Hi,
I am an International Dentist . I passed my part 1 . I have decided to do MS oral biology / craniofacial science before Applying to IDP program. Will it increase my chances of getting accepted ?