Ms1 @downstate in brooklyn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Castlehill

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
August 2002, starting my first year at SUNY downstate in brooklyn. What is the dorm situtation and how are the professor. What is the work load like really!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, congratulations welcome to Downstate! I am a firstyear now. Workload--good. It is a lot of work, but well set up, especially the testing since we're on a block system, we only get one test every few weeks instead of a group of midterms, so that's nice. Pass is a 68, so that's very do-able.

If you're living in the dorms you'll have a built in social life. I don't live there, so that's the best I can tell you about the dorms.

Anyhoo, congrats!

To rubyness

Thank's for the info and the congrats. Question how if possible can I get prepared for what ahead for me as a Ms1. Stuff like topic I should make sure I have a handle on before I start or classes that can really help me through the up coming challenge's

Members don't see this ad :)
Excuse the lack of pluralization, I got a little excited hearing from a actual student at Downstate. Also I wanted to wish the best with all of your exams knock'em dead.

Castlehill, congrats on ur acceptance! Don't worry so much, you'll be fine. Enjoy ur time off before classes start. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yeah, just enjoy your summer. Do something fun. You don't need to prepare for med school, they teach you all you need to know once you get there :wink:

I know that it's daunting and scary when you are anticipating the year and how hard it might be, but really, don't worry too much about it. It's true that there's a lot of work, but honestly if you made it through pre-med, you're ready. So just relax this summer and enjoy yourself and be happy that you're in.