MS1 summer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I know common advice is to take summer before MS2 year off, BUT, except for two weeks of vacation time, my wife will be working full-time, so I was wondering what I can do to maximize my summer. Here are options I came up with:

1) pursue a research/internship
2) Go through all of SketchyMicro and SketchyPharm
3) USMLERx
4) review FA sections on material I've covered
5) Gym
6) nothing

Would love any input!

Members don't see this ad.

out of curiosity have you tried the sketchy pharm yet? how is it?
- i personally plan to get a research position

doing a research project and actually getting it published would go a long way to help with your eventual residency application.

Members don't see this ad :)
Double edit: cant read, too lazy to re-type what I wrote.

I vote pursue research; if not then USMLErx + Sketchy + Gym + nothing.. that second option is sounding better now.

out of curiosity have you tried the sketchy pharm yet? how is it?
- i personally plan to get a research position

Only used gout and NSAIDs thus far. Although very long, I found it helpful.

I vote pursue research; if not then USMLErx + Sketchy + Gym + nothing.. that second option is sounding better now.

Only used gout and NSAIDs thus far. Although very long, I found it helpful.

1 5 6
Others are a complete waste of time

-appreciate the in puts. And yes GYM all day er day but MSUCOM has school in the summer so im sticking to my one hour a day. Im using USMLE RX now and i find it pretty useful. I have picmonic as well and i loved it for pharm but idk if it will help for step/comlex

Many people on here have said picmonic actually helped them for boards. Either one is helpful as long as you stick with it, imo.