nylee

Corean Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2002
181
0
Baltimore
Status
Medical Student
Hello, fellow MS1s! I still have a little less than a month until school starts. I know that a lot of you have already started. I just wanted to know how medical school was so far, if you're enjoying it, and if it's just like you expected. What are your classmates like? Please enlighten the rest of us that are excitedly and anxiously waiting for that day! :scared:
 

KyGrlDr2B

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2001
2,045
0
39
KY
Status
I have been through a week of orientation and the white coat ceremony. Dissection starts on Monday so I'll let you know how classes are later in the week. So far, the people I've met are nice and cool. There are a few that I find mildly annoying, but no one is snooty or obnoxious at this point. I have my first quiz two weeks from Monday in gross anatomy and the professor has already emailed one person from each dissection group about things we need to know if asked on wednesday.

I do feel, however, that med school has taken over everything in my life and all I've been through is orientation! It's on my mind pretty much all of the time and I even ran into someone from my class at Office Depot yesterday. My boyfriend and I were talking about what it would be like to be dating someone not in our class or without a science background and we think it would be really hard. Oh, and forget going to different schools. All I can say is, good thing we went to the same school because we'd be history.
 

CANES2006

Miami chica
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2002
1,243
1
Miramar, FL
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Ditto Kygrl. I have just gone through orientation and will be starting official classes tomorrow. I'll be having 2 lectures on Cell Biology and 3 lectures on Genetics.:( The good thing is that most of the people in my class are really cool and nice. Not to mention that everyone that I've met who is in year 2-4 are EXTREMELY helpful. They are always up for giving advice and pointers (and up for partying;) ). But, it is true. Medical school seems to have already taken over most of my life already. It seems everytime I have time to think it centers on the demands that school will have on my time. I already am looking over the notes for the first two lectures of tomorrow and all I can say is it is intense!! The material is not so difficult, but the sheer volume of it seems extremely intimidating. Well, I'm off to studying!! Good luck to all! :)
 
About the Ads
OP
N

nylee

Corean Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2002
181
0
Baltimore
Status
Medical Student
Wow! from Kygrl and Canes, it sounds like med school is really consuming! Would any of you consider a part time job with med school? My classes are only half-days...I don't know about yours...but I'll probably have to study for the rest of the day, huh?
 

CANES2006

Miami chica
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2002
1,243
1
Miramar, FL
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Part time job?!!! Hell no! :D Classes run from 9-3 on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Then, 9-5 on Tuesdays and Thursdays (grant it sometimes the afternoons on Tuesdays and Thursdays are independent study). It's just way too much school work on my side. Heck, in the first semester we are going to be covering 12 basic sciences!!! Then, the following semesters we enter system modules. Medical school is truly a full time job. :eek: Maybe you can do it, but my schedule just won't allow any time for working. :(
 

Jamier2

SDN Hillbilly Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2001
2,247
0
44
Kentucky
home.insightbb.com
Status
Originally posted by KyGrlDr2B
There are a few that I find mildly annoying, but no one is snooty or obnoxious at this point.
You must be thinking of me. ;) Actually, you might think that, but I haven't even gotten to the point where I can remember the names of the people on my dissection table yet. I'm terrible at being social I guess.

I've been happy with the orientation thing and the white coat ceremony was pretty cool. Like KyGrlDr2B, I've liked many people I've met there, and only a few seem to be the type you never want to see.

So, basically I love it so far, even if it does tend to take over your life. :)
 

CANES2006

Miami chica
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2002
1,243
1
Miramar, FL
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Originally posted by Jamier2
So, basically I love it so far, even if it does tend to take over your life. :)
nylee,
I didn't want to give the impression that I wasn't enjoying medical school. Sure, it's consuming, but it's also AMAZING. I have loved every aspect of it so far. Medical school is fun, and I'm sure you'll find that it is too.
:)
 

Jamier2

SDN Hillbilly Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2001
2,247
0
44
Kentucky
home.insightbb.com
Status
Originally posted by CANES2006
Sure, it's consuming, but it's also AMAZING. I have loved every aspect of it so far. Medical school is fun, and I'm sure you'll find that it is too.
:)
I just wonder if we love it partly because of that. I mean, we've worked for so long to get here, so it's kind of nice to be immersed in it. I don't know how to clearly say what I'm thinking. I guess it's basically this: I've worked so hard to get here, because it's all I could see myself doing. I guess that's why it's not bad that now it's all I'll have time to do. :)

Just random thoughts. After gross starts tomorrow I may not have time for those anymore. ;)
 

Espion

is a girl
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 5, 2002
230
3
aldaily.com
Status
Medical Student
I start classes next week, but I'm still in the middle of a tiring two week orientation.

Two weeks worth of student handbooks, sexual harassment policies, curriculum, books, libraries, guides, tours, forms, questionnaires, IDs, badges, health services, insurance forms, and all the other crap that we have to do. We spent four hours in a library last week "learning" how to search for stuff on the internet. BLEH!

I think they're trying to suck out our will to live, so we'll be nice and broken down for school. heh

I can't wait for it to really start though. I haven't met anyone mean, annoying or snooty yet. :) woo-hoo!
 

barb

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2001
287
0
Los Angeles
Visit site
Status
I am acutally having a blast! No complaints here! But, then I'm still in the numbing bliss from having just been accepted a week ago. Orientation was great, they even made the financial aid day incredibly entertaining - I won $10 for taking a banana from the breakfast spread they laid out for us!
As far as classes are going, we just started today so it's probably too soon to tell. I really like just about everyone I've met here so far, and even the classes seem pretty OK.
We'll see how it goes, but at this point, I'm just truly happy to be here!
 

Rumit

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2001
380
1
Boston
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Originally posted by barb
I am acutally having a blast! No complaints here! But, then I'm still in the numbing bliss from having just been accepted a week ago. Orientation was great, they even made the financial aid day incredibly entertaining - I won $10 for taking a banana from the breakfast spread they laid out for us!
As far as classes are going, we just started today so it's probably too soon to tell. I really like just about everyone I've met here so far, and even the classes seem pretty OK.
We'll see how it goes, but at this point, I'm just truly happy to be here!
Heh, you liked that orientation? Man, I thought it was just awful, particularly that financial aid deal. Oh, well...but I am excited to start class. But, you're right, the people are cool, and the classes will be fun. :)

Adam
 

barb

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2001
287
0
Los Angeles
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by Rumit


Heh, you liked that orientation? Man, I thought it was just awful, particularly that financial aid deal. Oh, well...but I am excited to start class. But, you're right, the people are cool, and the classes will be fun. :)

Adam
Just over a week ago I was on waitlisted at 3 schools that were all starting last Monday, with very little chance of waitlist movement, and a 99.999% of having to reapply again yet for a third time. I had no idea what I was going to do for another year and was dreading returning to my sucky job. So, yes, I did have a blast during orientation, because the entire time I was thanking God for being so fortunate. I've been out of school for awhile now, and in my opinion, the working world SUCKS!!! There is nothing more wonderful than being in school and studying something you're truly interested in. I feel blessed for everyday I get to be here at this terriffic school and even if they make us mindlessly memorize every microscopic anatomical structure known to man, I will still be grateful I'm not pulling the 9 to 5 for some imbecile boss that doesn't appreciate me.
 
OP
N

nylee

Corean Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2002
181
0
Baltimore
Status
Medical Student
Barb-

I am truly happy for you. I followed your posts on the waiting list thread and I was so glad you got into such a GREAT school. Congratulations!!! I admire your attitude about orientation and I hope I'll feel the same way about my school because I sincerely didn't believe I deserved to get in.

Best of luck to you and the rest of you MS1s!!!! Thanks for your input! Keep it coming!
 
About the Ads

Cody1MD

USF MPH/DrPH
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2002
72
0
FLL, FL
www.myspace.com
Status
Other Health Professions Student
Hi All!

My orientation starts in a week and classes start the week after. I am also extremly grateful to God for having been given the chance to reach this point in my life. I look forward to giving updates as soon as classes start.

Mike

Queens College Class of 2002
SUNY Downstate Class of 2006
 

mongoose

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2000
1,067
2
43
Lexington, KY
www.motocross.com
Status
Just wonderin' who KyGrl and Jamier find annoying...I don't really find anyone in our class annoying just yet, but I try to reserve judgement until after I can form a good opinion of someone (i.e. after at least 3 or 4 direct personal interactions). I gaurantee, though, that in time I will find a good portion of the class mildly irritating. There will be a few I truly abhor....and many that I really like and appreciate. Such is the case in any large group, though.
 

ewells

Big Daddy
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 26, 2001
516
0
50
Hershey, PA, headed to York.
Visit site
Status
We started yesterday. Gross was pretty cool, but until we finish all of the administrative stuff, I won't be able to figure out a routine. It will be nice to have a reasonably set schedule, especially considering Steph's condition:eek::clap:
 

KyGrlDr2B

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2001
2,045
0
39
KY
Status
Originally posted by mongoose
Just wonderin' who KyGrl and Jamier find annoying...I don't really find anyone in our class annoying just yet, but I try to reserve judgement until after I can form a good opinion of someone (i.e. after at least 3 or 4 direct personal interactions). I gaurantee, though, that in time I will find a good portion of the class mildly irritating. There will be a few I truly abhor....and many that I really like and appreciate. Such is the case in any large group, though.
I'm not going to mention any names because sometimes people just give crappy first (or second or third) impressions. Also, your opinion may differ than mine. For example, I know from someone that a certain guy in the class doesn't really think women should be physicians--and he is right up on my people-who-are-annoying list but you may like him.

I just want to add to for the people who are waiting on school to start--Gross Anatomy is not that bad. The smell really didnt bother me and and we kept Mr Miagi's head and butt covered so we were fine. I even started to get hungry toward the end of lab. OH, and going half days is AWESOME!!!
 

BushBaby

Nipplelina
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2002
3,023
3
40
New York
Status
Attending Physician
Originally posted by KyGrlDr2B


I'm not going to mention any names because sometimes people just give crappy first (or second or third) impressions. Also, your opinion may differ than mine. For example, I know from someone that a certain guy in the class doesn't really think women should be physicians--and he is right up on my people-who-are-annoying list but you may like him.

Ohhhh....first month of school and gossip is already brewing, sounds like my kind of party.

:laugh:

I would ignore/stay away from these people KyGrlDr2B..they might make ur medical experience not "so fun".
 

KyGrlDr2B

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2001
2,045
0
39
KY
Status
Originally posted by BushBaby



I would ignore/stay away from these people KyGrlDr2B..they might make ur medical experience not "so fun".

I'm not quite sure who you are referring to. But if it is the person who told me about the guy, this was done many months ago before we knew the guy was in the class. So, no, our class is not sitting around gossipping on the 2nd day of classes. And I learned in high school that gossip is usually incorrect, especially if it comes from someone you barely know. This came from someone I know VERY well...;)
 

BushBaby

Nipplelina
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2002
3,023
3
40
New York
Status
Attending Physician
Originally posted by KyGrlDr2B



I'm not quite sure who you are referring to. But if it is the person who told me about the guy, this was done many months ago before we knew the guy was in the class. So, no, our class is not sitting around gossipping on the 2nd day of classes. And I learned in high school that gossip is usually incorrect, especially if it comes from someone you barely know. This came from someone I know VERY well...;)
Just incase you took my post the wrong way, I meant stay away from the one who doesn't think women should be physicians/ or just annoying people in general.
 

mongoose

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2000
1,067
2
43
Lexington, KY
www.motocross.com
Status
Doesn't think women should be physicians? I find it hard to believe, but sometimes I get really surprised by how archaic some peoples' views can be. I don't care if I did like this person, if I found out that this was his or her view then I would cease to associate with them. I come from a family with a VERY strong matriarchal influence (my mom was a high school principal and let me tell ya, she definitely wore the pants in the family if you know what I mean) and would find this type of person VERY offensive.
 

Original

Ogori-Magongo Warrior
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 2, 2001
1,823
4
Visit site
Status
School is great! We started about 10 days ago with a weekend camping trip followed by a week of orientation. Today was the 2nd day of class. My classmates are so much fun. I like almost all of them. We all have our lap-tops hooked up during class and we spend quality time IMing each other back and forth. AOL chat room is also very popular. We'll usually pick a bar/club and 40% of the class will show up. Good stuff! All this might change with the 1st EXAM in 10 days who knows?

We are taking 2 courses. One is an integrated course called "Molecules and Cells". It's a broth of Genetics, Biochem, and Cell Biology. The other is a course called "The patient" where real life patients come to talk with us in the auditorium. I missed the last half of class today though. i went home at noon and did some chillin; but I could actually FEEL myself getting used to that kinda stuff so I raced back to school to work out and now I'm at school printing out lecture notes. I promise to study always :p
 
About the Ads

mikegoal

rebmeM
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2001
202
0
Visit site
Status
in case you are wondering why you are getting hungry in lab it is because formalydyhyde actually stimulates your hunger i found this facinating and it is so true
 

Jalby

I fight crime at day when Batman are sleeping.
15+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2001
5,528
1,635
La La land, having moved on with life.
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Third say of school fo rme here. I can honestly say I'm happier now than I have been at any time during college. It is absolutely great here. Most of the people are extremely fun and interesting and almost every day after school about 40 people gather after class and we decide where in LA we are going to consume large quantities of Alcohol. It's like high school all over again but this time everybody is overage.
 

gmendese

Porn Star
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2001
301
5
42
Worcester, Massachusetts
Visit site
Status
I second everyone basically. Yeah, it seems as though it's going to be very overshelming, but my second year buddy (that's what they have at UMass, in case that sounds foreign to anyone - they help you with advice and pointers and the like) says that everyone is like that in the beginning. Then you realize what you need to study and what you don't. I'm tryint to stay optimistic! Best of luck, everyone!

Gary
 

Jamier2

SDN Hillbilly Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2001
2,247
0
44
Kentucky
home.insightbb.com
Status
Originally posted by KyGrlDr2B
For example, I know from someone that a certain guy in the class doesn't really think women should be physicians--and he is right up on my people-who-are-annoying list but you may like him.
That's so strange that someone would have that opinion these days. Well, it ain't me, so that's a relief. :)
 

warpath

Officer Cadet
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2001
187
0
38
Status
Originally posted by Original
School is great! We started about 10 days ago with a weekend camping trip followed by a week of orientation. Today was the 2nd day of class. My classmates are so much fun. I like almost all of them. We all have our lap-tops hooked up during class and we spend quality time IMing each other back and forth. AOL chat room is also very popular. We'll usually pick a bar/club and 40% of the class will show up. Good stuff! All this might change with the 1st EXAM in 10 days who knows?

We are taking 2 courses. One is an integrated course called "Molecules and Cells". It's a broth of Genetics, Biochem, and Cell Biology. The other is a course called "The patient" where real life patients come to talk with us in the auditorium. I missed the last half of class today though. i went home at noon and did some chillin; but I could actually FEEL myself getting used to that kinda stuff so I raced back to school to work out and now I'm at school printing out lecture notes. I promise to study always :p
Hey Original, you should have "taken one for the team":p There are actually 9 of us here from the revisit weekend.

As for orientation, my experience has been the same as for most people here. We actually have a week-long orientation that ends on Friday with the white coat ceremony, but various student groups will be vying for our attention by feeding us for a couple more weeks. And school will be a lot like summer camp (or so they tell me) for the next month or so, with an outdoor retreat and lots of other fun outings. As is usually the case when meeting a lot of new people at once, names go in one ear, and go out the other. We also have lot of information thrown at us. These guys have a very complicated computer system, and you can do a lot of nifty things if you're actually able to retain everything they taught us in that two hour hand-on class. All in all, I find that all my classmates that I've spoken to seem to be nice people, I find the whole experience valuable.
 

mikegoal

rebmeM
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2001
202
0
Visit site
Status
dont just not go to lectures you never know the lectures may be the best part of it wait at least until after the first test before deciding that lectures arent for you or that certain ones are worth going to and certain ones arent. and dont go with the attitude that the lectures will suck cause then they will. but i do agree that lectures arent for everybody but you cant compare undergrad to medical school
 

Original

Ogori-Magongo Warrior
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 2, 2001
1,823
4
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by warpath


Hey Original, you should have "taken one for the team":p There are actually 9 of us here from the revisit weekend.

As for orientation, my experience has been the same as for most people here. We actually have a week-long orientation that ends on Friday with the white coat ceremony, but various student groups will be vying for our attention by feeding us for a couple more weeks. And school will be a lot like summer camp (or so they tell me) for the next month or so, with an outdoor retreat and lots of other fun outings. As is usually the case when meeting a lot of new people at once, names go in one ear, and go out the other. We also have lot of information thrown at us. These guys have a very complicated computer system, and you can do a lot of nifty things if you're actually able to retain everything they taught us in that two hour hand-on class. All in all, I find that all my classmates that I've spoken to seem to be nice people, I find the whole experience valuable.
Hey! Warpath. What's up? I was wandering when you guys were starting. How was Nigeria? Say what's up to everybody. I thought Leah was hot; I was going to come to WashU because of her :D. Gotta run; some monkey just IMed me to get my @ss to the amphitheatre. Class in like 10 minutes.
 

candybits

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 26, 2002
117
0
montreal
Visit site
Status
We just started our orientation yesterday... and this will go on throughout the weekend. It's great meeting all my classmates not just in the classroom setting, but outside doing all the fun activities they have planned out for us. Pubcrawls, clubbing, sports day, bowling... I hardly feel like I'm in school yet! But I'm sure all this excitement will subside come around Monday when we actually start classes... yikez!
 

KyGrlDr2B

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2001
2,045
0
39
KY
Status
Originally posted by Cody1MD
Has anyone found that they can do with out going to lectures?
I start school in less then two weeks and am planning on not going to most lectures, and just wanted feed back from others. I feel that I can be more productive if I study late and wake up late. It worked well during college! I do plan on attending afternoon small group classes and labs.

thanks
Mike
At my school, the MS2s have said most of the test questions come from our notes and not to buy a lot of the books. So you may need to find out how your school works.
 

CANES2006

Miami chica
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2002
1,243
1
Miramar, FL
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Originally posted by candybits
We just started our orientation yesterday... and this will go on throughout the weekend. It's great meeting all my classmates not just in the classroom setting, but outside doing all the fun activities they have planned out for us. Pubcrawls, clubbing, sports day, bowling... I hardly feel like I'm in school yet! But I'm sure all this excitement will subside come around Monday when we actually start classes... yikez!
It has been almost a week of classes and the excitement has not subsided. Heck, I just came home from hanging out with med school buddies. I have to seriously settle down this weekend and do some MAJOR studying.:D
 
About the Ads

Bonds756

6 time MVP
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 16, 2002
1,051
1
Philly
Visit site
Status
Just finished up my three days of orientation. Although several of the administrative talks were way too long and boring, everyone in my class seems really friendly. Basically 8am-5pm days during orientation and then going out to dinner and bars right after so I pretty much haven't been in my apartment at all other than to sleep. But so far it is good times- almost feels like senior year of college all over again.
Although the reading I had waiting for me in my mailbox for Monday doesn't make me look forward to classes actually starting.
 

Resident Alien

What?
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2001
1,041
3
Cleveland
www.tauseefbarakat.cjb.net
Status
The atmosphere here has been pretty relaxed so far. We started on the 9th and our first test's on the 22nd. But with a 65% needed to get the coveted "P", its all cool :)
You still see gunners though, no kind of grading system can wipe them out.
 

praying4MD

2K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2001
2,444
2
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Originally posted by ewells
We started yesterday. Gross was pretty cool, but until we finish all of the administrative stuff, I won't be able to figure out a routine. It will be nice to have a reasonably set schedule, especially considering Steph's condition:eek::clap:
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so very happy for you! I can't believe Kenlon will be a big brother now and the thought of two babies as cute as him has just given me my new dose of baby fever. :D Good luck and keep us updated on the developments! :)
 

lamyers1

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2002
253
2
Mobile, AL
Visit site
Status
Well life at South has been fun, but exhausting...and that's only the 3 days of orientation. Like others, everyday was eating, trips, socializing and party, drink, party and drink. Last night we had a club with a floor for just us and second years. Everyone was so tired from the night before that we kind of just sat around talking.

My advisor gave me every test, transcript and all class notes from the last two years. It's all organized in big binders and labeled by test block and year. She also gave me every book except for about $100 worth...also tapes, CDs, flashcards, etc. I'm really happy with it all, but now I have to go buy more shelving and organize my room! Some people hardly got crap. I'll share!

It's so cool. Everybody just falls right into friendship like we've all known each other forever. Well, we will see on Monday???
 

Coalboy

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2001
790
4
East Providence, RI
www.greenisgoldphoto.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
We here at UNC SOM start classes on Monday. We had orientation all this past week, and it all went well. I must say that from what I have seen so far, this school is going to be much more than I ever expected (not that I had low expectations). I'm looking forward to seeing how much classes kick my butt. Time will tell.
 

FutureM.D.

Psychology major
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2002
593
0
Florida,USA
Visit site
Status
congrats to all of you who made it into med school! I'm so happy for all of you.:clap: :clap:
 

CANES2006

Miami chica
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2002
1,243
1
Miramar, FL
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Originally posted by FutureM.D.
congrats to all of you who made it into med school! I'm so happy for all of you.:clap: :clap:
Awww...you are too cute! Someone as sweet as you should get into medical school. I'll be checking periodically SDN throughout the year to see if you get in. Good luck!!!:)
 

imtiaz

i cant translate stupid
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2000
2,615
15
40
New York, NY
www.uirockford.com
Status
Attending Physician
orientation starts when my countdown in my signature ends.
 

CANES2006

Miami chica
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2002
1,243
1
Miramar, FL
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Originally posted by @imtiaz
orientation starts when my countdown in my signature ends.
Wow, Tiaz!!! You're almost there. Are you psyched? :p
 

imtiaz

i cant translate stupid
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2000
2,615
15
40
New York, NY
www.uirockford.com
Status
Attending Physician
Originally posted by CANES2006


Wow, Tiaz!!! You're almost there. Are you psyched? :p
hell yeah, i'm psyched like a mofo!!!!!
 

E'02

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
May 14, 2002
156
4
NY
Visit site
Status
Wow - it's good to see some familiar folks. Hope school is going well for everyone! I JUST had my Embryology exam. Sinai is being nice to us and giving this week more or less free - well we have a BLS exam on Friday. How is anatomy going for folks? I guess my only complaint, is that my class never gets to see one another...and we've only been taking one main course - so i can only imagine what happens when anatomy etc starts!
 

EMDrMoe

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 15, 2001
562
2
46
Tampa
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hi all! Glad to see everyone's starting up strong. I haven't been on SDN in quite a while -- too busy moving. It's very nice to be back. Orientation starts tomorrow :) I can't wait. Believe it or not, time off does have its drawbacks. However, a nice break after working for 6 years was heavenly. Congrats everyone!
 

souljah1

Attending
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2002
1,667
6
E'02 - damn! you have exams already?!? My orientation doesn't even start for another two weeks! Reading everyone's posts on this thread is making me pretty excited. Keep us posted on Sinai. I didn't get to interview there, but I have heard nothing but praise from its students and those in the NYC area. Best of luck and good to see you. souljah.
 

FutureM.D.

Psychology major
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2002
593
0
Florida,USA
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by CANES2006

Awww...you are too cute! Someone as sweet as you should get into medical school. I'll be checking periodically SDN throughout the year to see if you get in. Good luck!!!:)
You'll have to stick around a little longer then a year. I'm just going to be a college freshmen this Fall!:eek: But I am SO ready to get going and get active with the pre med organizatons!! :laugh: :clap:
 

CANES2006

Miami chica
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2002
1,243
1
Miramar, FL
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Originally posted by FutureM.D.


You'll have to stick around a little longer then a year. I'm just going to be a college freshmen this Fall!:eek: But I am SO ready to get going and get active with the pre med organizatons!! :laugh: :clap:
:laugh: Oops!! My bad.;) I'll probably be around for many years to come. I'll be here for USMLE 1-3 and the Match for sure, so I'll be rooting for you meanwhile.;)
 

Jalby

I fight crime at day when Batman are sleeping.
15+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2001
5,528
1,635
La La land, having moved on with life.
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Originally posted by CANES2006


:laugh: Oops!! My bad.;) I'll probably be around for many years to come. I'll be here for USMLE 1-3 and the Match for sure, so I'll be rooting for you meanwhile.;)
I'm right there with you Canes. But I doubt I will be in the Lounge or Pre-allo (Damn that's gone downhill) anymore.

Congrats on almost starting Tiaz. Are you at Urbana or Chicago???

I met Hero Yesterday. Took long enough. So now I have met 5 SDNer's here at USC.


Has anybody felt really pampered so far??? I feel as if SC has done absolutely everything they can to make sure we don't have to deal with anything. Heck, the Head of County-USC meets with my MDL (24 students) for 2 hours every wednesday. It is so nice. I feel like I have tons of mothers all over the place. OK, back to the class that I should have been in from the begininng.
 
About the Ads