MS2 --- Remember stuff from first half of M2?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kl323

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Currently an MS2. I'm just a little concern over how little I can remember from what I learned in first half of M2.

I feel like after each final, I will forget the material from the block over the weekend. I do believe that some is retained and stored away in the deeper part of my memory. Hopefully when I study for Step I, it'll come back quicker than the first pass.

Hoping that other MS2s or other colleagues can offer their insights into this issue.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all,

Currently an MS2. I'm just a little concern over how little I can remember from what I learned in first half of M2.

I feel like after each final, I will forget the material from the block over the weekend. I do believe that some is retained and stored away in the deeper part of my memory. Hopefully when I study for Step I, it'll come back quicker than the first pass.

Hoping that other MS2s or other colleagues can offer their insights into this issue.

Thanks!

Normal. Just know that after you pass Step I, it won't matter when you inevitably forget all of the pre-clinical stuff.

For the clinical years and beyond, repetition is the key. The more times you see it, hear it, and do it, the more likely you will retain it.

Hey all,

Thanks!

I have a Qbank and do questions a few times per week with the M2 topics I've already covered. That helps me to keep repeating the material and remembering at least some of it. Still, there is a lot that I don't remember...

Even though I don't remember a lot from last year, whenever I look at it again it becomes easier for me to learn the material this time around. It is sorta like the foundation is there but I just need to fill it with specific details when I look up the material again.