ms3s going into path?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

globulin

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I was just wondering how many people are applying for next year's match that are on this forum. Maybe we can help each other out as we start our applications to all the programs.

Members don't see this ad.

*raises hand*

nice to meet you globulin. i definitely love coming here to get advice from all the wise people of this path forum. it would be great if we could stick together like a *mini mafia* of future pathologists.

CHEERS!

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys,
herez another future pathologist.
but kinda happy to c very few for 04 match.:clap:

ive created a *Path Mini-Mafia* discussion forum!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pathminimafia

ive made this forum for people who are going to be in the 2004 match as a forum to discuss our plans/problems/stories/etc..but anyone interested in pathology is more than welcome to join and share anything about news/research/whatever.

feel free to tell anyone else interested or associated to pathology to join if they wish to.

cheers!!

Closing eyes, holding nose, ready to take da plunge.

I am applying too! (wondering in Pumpkin would like to reapply for just the "fun" of it all)

Good luck everyone!

GD

PS Ririri-Will the minimafia be "taking out" potentially competetive applicants that our group does not like :)

haha. no the *Mini Mafia* is a pleasant mafia. we look really sinister, but in actuality, we will help all candidates.

the match algorithm is the code we are after.

cheers! ...........and join!

Thanks for all the replies and its good to meet you all. I've always secretly wanted to be in the mafia....

Hi! Good to meet you all. Here's to us all getting our #1 pathology residency next match cycle!

I want to be a consultant to the mafia. Let me know if I can be of assistance, now that the pain of medical school is drawing to a close.

Mindy

ahhhh, the gang is coming together!

Mindy, you are *definitely* one of the leaders, along with Great Pumpkin and Crepitus Fremitus and others. Any help is and will be appreciated. I for one need all the help i can get and im glad that there are some solid people around who can give us advice.

right on. showtime.

Hi everyone! Here is another future pathologist!
I hope this year and the match goes perfect for all of us:)

yay for path match 2004. go team go!

Count this M3 in! Though I am seriously contemplating taking a year off after med school...

I'll stop lurking, for two reasons. And one of them is to be part of the mafia. ;)

YES!!!!!! i can already *smell the success*

the mafia will keep you safe. the mafia will keep you warm. the mafia is not to be betrayed (i.e. don't even think about switching to IM or FP after joining! haha)

cheers

I'm a HPSPer but I'm also a pathologist wannabe in the class of 2004. I'll take all the advice I can get! Thanks!:clap:

HPSP is the military scholarship which means I'll probably be doing my residency at a military hospital.

Originally posted by rirriri

YES!!!!!! i can already *smell the success*

the mafia will keep you safe. the mafia will keep you warm. the mafia is not to be betrayed (i.e. don't even think about switching to IM or FP after joining! haha)

cheers

A friend of mine switched to FP, after three years of setting himself up to do ortho. If I do something like that, I will be the first to kick my own butt.;)

i've said this before...i'd rather be a truck driver than to be FP or IM (for that matter)

at least in IM one can specialize in something semi-interesting (Cardiology, Nephrology, Heme-0nc) but in FP....its 4life! argh.

cheers!

I'm another pathologist-to-be, matching next year (I hope!). :clap:
It seems so far away... which is probably a good thing because there's so much to do before then! Good luck to all!