MS4 Electives for IM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Laplace

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently planning my 4th year schedule and it's looking like I do not have any serious rotations after November with my current schedule. Should I sacrifice one of my months off to do some electives in Spring? I'm mainly concerned about my brain turning to mush for the second half of MS4 year without any involvement in patient care prior to starting residency.

Members don't see this ad.

4th year amnesia is real people.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm currently planning my 4th year schedule and it's looking like I do not have any serious rotations after November with my current schedule. Should I sacrifice one of my months off to do some electives in Spring? I'm mainly concerned about my brain turning to mush for the second half of MS4 year without any involvement in patient care prior to starting residency.

relax

don't do more than you have to . . . starting in July you will be doing more than you have to for the rest of your life until you retire.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
4th year amnesia is real people.
Yes it is. It's a real, beautiful, glorious thing. Bask in it while you can. You have the rest of your life to get your nads crushed under the weight of clinical responsibility. Give yourself 6 months of blissful freedom from the bulls***.

Reactions: 1 users
You'll see I liked all the posts above. I thought I'd pick up an ICU month this spring instead of a month off. When it came down to it the decision was easy. Starting in June I will be on a train ride that seldom stops, if ever. So enjoy your M4 spring next year...well deserved!!

Reactions: 1 user