MSAR to find %OOS and drawing up school list and

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uphillBattle

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't seem to find the %OOS interviewed, matriculated, etc on MSAR. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Also, what tactics or breakdown did you guys use in drawing your school list? I'm planning on breaking them up into two groups: range and safety.

Members don't see this ad.

There are no %s for any of those things. You have to calculate them yourself from the number of applied/interviews/matriculated for both IS and OOS.

Eeryone chooses their school list differently. Most begin by narrowing it down to regions in which you can see yourself living and then within that choosing reach and range schools. You should also look at the mission of each school so it aligns with what you think you want to do in medicine (primary care vs. research for example).

I can't seem to find the %OOS interviewed, matriculated, etc on MSAR. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Also, what tactics or breakdown did you guys use in drawing your school list? I'm planning on breaking them up into two groups: range and safety.

You're looking in the wrong place. Us news and world report has the information you're looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
You're looking in the wrong place. Us news and world report has the information you're looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the US news ranking is an acceptable place to find this information?

He's in the right spot: https://services.aamc.org/30/msar/schoolDetails/4244/acceptance That is for JHU. Need to login first and have paid for the service.

Oops I thought he was asking for accepted, not matriculated!

So the US news ranking is an acceptable place to find this information?

Yes, USNWR gets a bad rap for it's rankings, however they seem to be THE site people go to in order to find out what the number of people accepted are post interview for both IS and OOS. The MSAR posts the number matriculated, which is what you were looking for in the first place, but I find the accepted numbers to be a little more useful. For example Drexel interviews ~1400 for a class of ~250, but they accept ~600.