MSAR "Total Applied" Row

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thesultan

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greetings All,

I am not sure if this question has been previously addressed but I was unable to find any info on it.

In the current MSAR when one looks at the "Total Applied" row for a given school, is that the number of applicants who completed their application (primary + secondary + LORs), or is it just the number who sent in their primary?

ie) if a school has 9,500 "total applied," does that mean that that many people were "complete" with their application, or just sent in a primary via amcas?

Thanks for your insight!

Members don't see this ad.

I've wondered the same thing numerous times!!!

Someone ever call and figure it out??

i think its number of ppl who sent their primaries in...

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I think it is primaries because one school said that they get ~9000 applications from amcas (this is what is listed in MSAR) and about ~6000 go on to be "complete"

Carmenita79 said:
Yeah, I think it is primaries because one school said that they get ~9000 applications from amcas (this is what is listed in MSAR) and about ~6000 go on to be "complete"

Thats a lot of people withdrawing pre secondary!!

leahmaria said:
Thats a lot of people withdrawing pre secondary!!

It was GU that said this and their secondary is really expensive, so maybe that is why.

thesultan said:
Greetings All,

I am not sure if this question has been previously addressed but I was unable to find any info on it.

In the current MSAR when one looks at the "Total Applied" row for a given school, is that the number of applicants who completed their application (primary + secondary + LORs), or is it just the number who sent in their primary?

ie) if a school has 9,500 "total applied," does that mean that that many people were "complete" with their application, or just sent in a primary via amcas?

Thanks for your insight!

It is total number who completed the primary.