MSAR typos???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doc Henry

blowin' in the wind
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has posted this since I haven't been on in a while. But has anyone noticed the amount of typos and messed up charts in the MSAR?? One schools tuition is $33,3000!!! And in some other schools the charts aren't filled in correctly...Hmmm.. Nice going AAMC

Members don't see this ad.

I'm hoping WashU's 3.91 median GPA is a typo.

I don't know if anyone has posted this since I haven't been on in a while. But has anyone noticed the amount of typos and messed up charts in the MSAR?? One schools tuition is $33,3000!!! And in some other schools the charts aren't filled in correctly...Hmmm.. Nice going AAMC

I understand the amount of typo in the MSAR, especially in this current edition is unbelievable. I thought the AAMC was better than that but obviously not. :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
I can handle a typo like 33,3000, because it's obvious enough. What bothered me was no listed matriculant IS/OOS data for U of Buffalo, and the 3.86 median science GPA for U of Tennessee (which would be higher than Harvard and Mayo if true...).

The MSAR data should be online. There's no way to fix a typo in a book, the data's a year or two old by the time we get it, and all the data is less reliable than what's on each med school's website anyway. It makes no sense to me to find out how this year's application cycle played out until AFTER next year's AMCAS is open.

It makes no sense to me to find out how this year's application cycle played out until AFTER next year's AMCAS is open.

Theres no better way to do it unfortunately - the info can't be collected until after the school year starts. The only option then would be to release the AMCAS in like October and have the application cycle start in late October...maybe? That wouldn't work - too crammed.

The info in the book this year would be from the class who entered for the 2010 entering class, this years 2011 entering class won't be much different, so its not like its a huge detriment to applicants.