This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

canijust

5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
This is an old question but I'm in the program now. From where I've seen people go, looks like many state schools (SUNY or someone's home state if not NY), while case, Rochester, Albany, Rush, Rosalind Franklin, NYMC, Drexel have also been seen. Going to Sinai afterwards is incredibly rare.

Reactions: 1 user
There are different tracks. I took a physiology course that's part with medical students and part quantitative with computer programming, etc.

MD/PhD students are in most of my classes with the PhD students. The idea of taking medical school classes being the only way to prove rigor is false. You're taking PhD classes at a top grad/med school. If you get A's you'll be fine.

If you already have a good MCAT and high enough gpa (3.5/3.6, idk), there's not much utility in an SMP. For myself, I came from like a 3.3 sGPA and now I have a 3.82 after this program, so that's why I did it. If you don't need that, be a research assistant and save yourself some debt.