MSc Dermatology at King's College London (St.Johns Institute of Dermatology)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sanad

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Aright so I was thinking for applying for an MSc in clinical dermatology at kings college london. I was wondering what benefit i would get with a masters degree and will it help me get into research in dermatology later? If i have to go primarily into dermatological research, is it better i go for a masters leading to a phd in immunology at imperial college london?

Members don't see this ad.

Your question is unclear, and we need some background first if you want help.

When you say you plan to do dermatology research, do you mean as a PhD? Why not just go straight to a PhD program? Are you currently a medical student, and when do you graduate? What country are you coming from? Do you want to do research in the U.S.?

Aright so I was thinking for applying for an MSc in clinical dermatology at kings college london. I was wondering what benefit i would get with a masters degree and will it help me get into research in dermatology later? If i have to go primarily into dermatological research, is it better i go for a masters leading to a phd in immunology at imperial college london?

I graduated in 2009. I have completed my one year of internship. I wanted to apply for a graduate program and since i want to go into dermatology, I was looking to apply to a relevant masters program. Im applying from Oman where I reside. I graduated from Pakistan. The cost of a Masters in dermatology from Kings alone costs 27,000 pounds! To afford a phd would be very tough. I dont know if student loans work in uk. For USA, i think GRE is needed. I would love to apply for a phd program in either immunology or allergy or dermatology if I can and any information you could give regarding it would be very valuable to me!