MSc Dermatology at King's College London (St.Johns Institute of Dermatology)

Sanad

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 16, 2006
Status
Medical Student
Aright so I was thinking for applying for an MSc in clinical dermatology at kings college london. I was wondering what benefit i would get with a masters degree and will it help me get into research in dermatology later? If i have to go primarily into dermatological research, is it better i go for a masters leading to a phd in immunology at imperial college london?

starbuckscoffee

7+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Your question is unclear, and we need some background first if you want help.

When you say you plan to do dermatology research, do you mean as a PhD? Why not just go straight to a PhD program? Are you currently a medical student, and when do you graduate? What country are you coming from? Do you want to do research in the U.S.?

Aright so I was thinking for applying for an MSc in clinical dermatology at kings college london. I was wondering what benefit i would get with a masters degree and will it help me get into research in dermatology later? If i have to go primarily into dermatological research, is it better i go for a masters leading to a phd in immunology at imperial college london?

OP
S

Sanad

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 16, 2006
Status
Medical Student
I graduated in 2009. I have completed my one year of internship. I wanted to apply for a graduate program and since i want to go into dermatology, I was looking to apply to a relevant masters program. Im applying from Oman where I reside. I graduated from Pakistan. The cost of a Masters in dermatology from Kings alone costs 27,000 pounds! To afford a phd would be very tough. I dont know if student loans work in uk. For USA, i think GRE is needed. I would love to apply for a phd program in either immunology or allergy or dermatology if I can and any information you could give regarding it would be very valuable to me!