MSK IR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureSuperStar

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
"Percutaneous fixation by internal cemented screw" which is the procedure described in the article below seems to be really cool and I'm wondering how common it is for interventional radiologists or musculoskeletal radiologists to perform it? I have also read about CT-guided screw fixation. However, when I read the procedures taught in fellowships of most IR/MSK programs there is no mention of this. Will this be practiced by more IRs over time?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
This is becoming a very exciting rapidly expanding service line that VIR physicians are providing. Dr. Tutton at MCW has been one of the gurus of this movement along with Dr. Dechampes from France. NCCN Guidelines have started to implement this into the palliative treatment of metastatic and primary bone tumors.

Reactions: 1 users
This video is awesome, thanks for sharing. Do you think musculoskeletal radiologists might perform such procedures in the future (if one were to do a procedure heavy fellowship at Wisconsin for example)? Or would a combined background in VIR and musculoskeletal be necessary?

Both could potentially do it, but it is more likely the latter that will do it.

Reactions: 1 user