MSK ultrasound billing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

picolo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
1.do you need to take an ultrasound course , to be able to bill for your private practice US guided procedures ? we are getting denials from commercial insurance companies !

2. any good US courses ?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

AIUM course at Mayo is probably the best, occurs every July. I think they review how to bill it appropriately as well.

The AAPMR courses are great as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
The AAPMR courses are great as well.

Agree. This past year's conference was the best one the AAPM&R has ever held, for any subject. 10X better than the spine courses. Next one is Feb in Vegas on LE US. I'll be there. Sign up soon.

I went to a course in FL - Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute.

Mayo does it's own course as well. If you are looking at any course, and Jay Smith is not there, it's probably not worth going to...

You do not need to take an US course to bill. But if you want to do procedures correctly and safely, you should.

Agree. This past year's conference was the best one the AAPM&R has ever held, for any subject. 10X better than the spine courses. Next one is Feb in Vegas on LE US. I'll be there. Sign up soon.

I went to a course in FL - Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute.

Mayo does it's own course as well. If you are looking at any course, and Jay Smith is not there, it's probably not worth going to...

You do not need to take an US course to bill. But if you want to do procedures correctly and safely, you should.
we should hook up and have a beer.:thumbup:

How did you like the Gulf Coast course?

well, bad choice of words. Especially since my wife is coming with me to this one.