MSKCC Summer Fellowships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fayedunaway

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied for the MSKCC summer fellowships and thought I'd start a thread here. I remember being desperate for news from medical schools/MCAT and it was nice to be able to see when people had heard back. Hoping for good news :xf:

Members don't see this ad.

I just got accepted today and have like 3 days to decide. This is way too early for me. I thought they notified people in early March? Anyway, it's creating a dilemma for me because I applied to several other programs and it's going to be a while until I hear from them.

Heard back today and in same dilemma...wasn't expecting anything for another few weeks. Casslx - are you going to try speaking with them?

Members don't see this ad :)
Heard back today and in same dilemma...wasn't expecting anything for another few weeks. Casslx - are you going to try speaking with them?

I don't think so. I doubt they would do anything. So many people apply here so I'm sure if we decline, they'll have plenty of others to choose from.

I've heard this is a really great program and I'd love to do research here, but it's not quite my first choice for this summer.

Do you guys think there will be a few waves of acceptances?

I hope so! Would accepted people be willing to say/PM what project(s) they were accepted for?

Congrats!! Would you mind mentioning the project?

It's a great program, and I'm so happy that this is going to work out. Best of luck to the rest of you! I'm sure the timing of the process is very PI-dependent.
2.gif

If it's helpful, I wrote the office to ask for an extension of the reply date (they gave me 4 days), and they said no. BUT for people still waiting to hear, they said:

"We begin sending out acceptance notifications as soon as we receive faculty sponsor selections. We will continue to notify applicants as faculty sponsors advise us of their selections. In discussions with classmates who may have also applied to our program, please note that acceptance is rolling."

So don't worry if you haven't heard back - you'll hear at latest by March 15.

Has anyone heard back yet? (acceptance or for a phone interview?)

Applied for MSKCC; haven't heard anything. I also applied for the HHMI summer medical fellowship. Did anyone else apply for HHMI?

I received an offer via e-mail on Friday afternoon (2/15). I will be accepting the offer. Wahoo! :)

For anyone waiting, the email included this:

"In discussions with classmates who may have also applied to our program, please note that “acceptance is rolling.” We will continue to notify applicants as faculty sponsors advise us of their selections. All students will be notified about the status of their application by March 15, 2013."

Has anyone heard anything in the last week or so? Also, would people who are accepted mind sharing what projects they will be on? Many thanks!

Hey guys,

Anyone that has applied for the 2015 cycle hear back from anyone? Any ideas when we'll start to hear back? Thanks and good luck to all!