MSMHS Touro California vs MABS Midwestern Arizona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Mike

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

1st time posting so hope I'm in the right section.

I am currently deciding on a masters program to help me get into medical school (DO or MD). Do any of you know how Touro California's Masters of Science in Medical Health Science compares with Midwestern Glendale, Arizona's Masters of Arts in Biomedical Sciences?

Insider information/experience with either school would be helpful. I am especially looking how to decide between the two.

Thank you!
Michael

Members don't see this ad.

Your best chance will be acceptance from the school that you do post-bac/master since they already know who you are. So your best bet would be Touro if you chose to attend their master, samething with Midwestern. All the students (but 1) from master in Touro get acceptance in Touro, and I think the other one decide to go to another school

Right, I'm pretty sure they both have very high percentages of accepted students into their Med school from their masters. I don't know which program is better though.

Right, I'm pretty sure they both have very high percentages of accepted students into their Med school from their masters. I don't know which program is better though.

The price difference alone would make me take Touro. $20K vs. $40k

Members don't see this ad :)
The price difference alone would make me take Touro. $20K vs. $40k
True, that is a good point. For some reason when they include living cost, the difference is 55k Touro, 65k Midwestern, but still a big difference. I am wondering how the programs are viewed in terms of prestigiousness by medical schools.

True, that is a good point. For some reason when they include living cost, the difference is 55k Touro, 65k Midwestern, but still a big difference. I am wondering how the programs are viewed in terms of prestigiousness by medical schools.

I thought about that as well, but I think what matters most is crushing it.

Hey I'm doing the MA at Midwestern now. Its pretty difficult and stressful, but all the med students I've talked to here say it help a lot. It's definitely a lot of work though. The faculty are nice, friendly, and helpful. The cafeteria food suck. The library is nice. The weather is nice, not that youll be able to enjoy it at all. It's pricey but its a good school.

Hey I'm doing the MA at Midwestern now. Its pretty difficult and stressful, but all the med students I've talked to here say it help a lot. It's definitely a lot of work though. The faculty are nice, friendly, and helpful. The cafeteria food suck. The library is nice. The weather is nice, not that youll be able to enjoy it at all. It's pricey but its a good school.

Hey thanks for the input. Also, what attracted you more to Midwestern over KCU?

Hey thanks for the input. Also, what attracted you more to Midwestern over KCU?
Haha you must've done your research to find out about kcu. Umm i grew up in az and went to asu so location was a lot easier despite the high price. Then from what I understood you had to have to a 3.5 gpa at kcu to get an interview. at Midwestern you only needed a 3.0. Also from what I heard I was unsure if kcu wouldn't interview me cause my undergrad gpa even if I did well in their program so that seemed unfair. Anyways I'm two thirds of the way through the program here and it's hard but definitely should help. Got a 3.5 last quarter and a 3.7 this quarter. It's tough but doable without much free time. I'm not sure it kcu's curriculum is as rigorous but 3.5 is asking a lot if it is. I know a lot of the students here definitely wouldn't be able to do that.

Haha you must've done your research to find out about kcu. Umm i grew up in az and went to asu so location was a lot easier despite the high price. Then from what I understood you had to have to a 3.5 gpa at kcu to get an interview. at Midwestern you only needed a 3.0. Also from what I heard I was unsure if kcu wouldn't interview me cause my undergrad gpa even if I did well in their program so that seemed unfair. Anyways I'm two thirds of the way through the program here and it's hard but definitely should help. Got a 3.5 last quarter and a 3.7 this quarter. It's tough but doable without much free time. I'm not sure it kcu's curriculum is as rigorous but 3.5 is asking a lot if it is. I know a lot of the students here definitely wouldn't be able to do that.

Hey thank you for the reply! Sorry, I didn't mean to come across as stalker-ish, haha! But I let my MidWestern-Az M.A. seat go, and put a deposit down for KCU's MS. So now I'm getting nervous about the upcoming August semester. This is will be my one shot to prove I can make it, so I'm hoping I made the right call with KCU.

Hey thank you for the reply! Sorry, I didn't mean to come across as stalker-ish, haha! But I let my MidWestern-Az M.A. seat go, and put a deposit down for KCU's MS. So now I'm getting nervous about the upcoming August semester. This is will be my one shot to prove I can make it, so I'm hoping I made the right call with KCU.
Haha you're all good. I'm sure it's a good program. Good luck.