• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

SemperJeff

Fidei Defensor
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2006
Southern California
www.jeffreymd.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
MSNBC.com: Bush orders review of military hospitals

From the article:"... The White House said the president would name a bipartisan commission to assess whether the problems at Walter Reed existed at other facilities....

The commission to be named by Bush is separate from a review panel appointed by Gates to investigate outpatient care at Walter Reed and the National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland. The presidential panel will look at all U.S. military and veteran facilities, according to White House deputy press secretary Dana Perino."

SemperJeff

Fidei Defensor
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2006
Southern California
www.jeffreymd.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Here's another related story. Army Secretary Francis J. Harvey has resigned because of the Walter Reed situation.

Walter Reed fallout: Army secretary resigns

From the article: "The surprise move came one day after Harvey fired the two-star general in charge of the medical center in response to disclosures of problems at the hospital compound.

Defense Secretary Robert Gates said Harvey had resigned. But senior defense officials speaking on condition of anonymity said Gates had asked Harvey to leave.
"

paradude

10+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2005
Bethesda, MD
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Here's another related story. Army Secretary Francis J. Harvey has resigned because of the Walter Reed situation.

Walter Reed fallout: Army secretary resigns

From the article: "The surprise move came one day after Harvey fired the two-star general in charge of the medical center in response to disclosures of problems at the hospital compound.

Defense Secretary Robert Gates said Harvey had resigned. But senior defense officials speaking on condition of anonymity said Gates had asked Harvey to leave.
"

Wow,

I guess we can start wagering on whether Gen. Kiley will last the weekend now.

About the Ads

Ex-44E3A

10+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2006
US
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Wow,

I guess we can start wagering on whether Gen. Kiley will last the weekend now.

Much as I hate to see a distinguished career go down in flames, the buck truly stops at the commander's desk.

Justice may just be served... it would be a shame if Kiley escaped his own culpability in all of this. he could have seriously tackled these issues during his tenure, instead of passing them along to his replacement.

Do general officers get OPRs? I think his needs to be amended.

NavyFP

10+ Year Member
May 18, 2006
Manning a Cubicle
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Much as I hate to see a distinguished career go down in flames, the buck truly stops at the commander's desk.

Justice may just be served... it would be a shame if Kiley escaped his own culpability in all of this. he could have seriously tackled these issues during his tenure, instead of passing them along to his replacement.

Do general officers get OPRs? I think his needs to be amended.

Not at the O-9 level.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.