MSPE Dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ustmd2006

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, especially for those preparing for the match! How's the studying going? Good I hope.

Anyway, here's the deal: I'm back in the US and preparing for the 2008 match. So after reading through this very helpful forum, I've realized that there are some documents that I need to get from my school back in the Philippines, including the MSPE (formerly the Dean's letter). Fortunately, I have a friend who went home a few weeks ago for vacation and she's also preparing for the match. She has approached our dean's office about the MSPE and showed them a copy of the format. Problem is, they say they can't make one. She was told to write her on, upon which the dean/other officials will look it over, approve it and then sign it. So, I've been trying to work on mine, and I'm stuck. I don't know what to put in the parts where you have to write narratives (anyone have any samples?)! Bigger problem is, I don't have access to the school data to be able to make the graphical charts that the MSPE has in the appendices. And I doubt that that data is available back at school either ---and I'm sure we won't be given access to it if it did exist--- as we weren't compared to our peers by subject, not even by year! The best I can get is a class rank and overall percentile which covers the total four years of med school. What do I do? I have to get this done in the next few days before she has to fly back here! HELP!

Is there any other IMG going through this? Anyone have any suggestions? TIps? Comments? Anything and everything is welcome.

Thanks everyone.

Members don't see this ad.