MsPurtell

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Dental Caries, Aug 7, 2001.

1. Dental Caries

Dental Caries Junior Member

Ms. Purtell,
    I am going to be taking the DAT in a month and have been studying consistently for it. I took it once before and received 19/17 (acad/PAT). I did well on the ochem and gchem parts (23, 20) but didn't do so well on the bio part (17). Since you just took the test can you tell give me some advice on the bio part. I remembered that it was really general and asked about everything in Kaplan's review notes but didn't really have anything about all the hormones. Was there anything I should focus on? I hope you can give me some advice because I am hoping for at least a 21 acad. and 21 on total science. Also, I wanted to know if you would sell your TopScore CD? Please email me back as soon as you can. Thanks and congrats on the amazing scores.
    [email protected]

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. MsPurtell

MsPurtell Guest

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Hi DC,

When I studied for the bio part, I basically went through my old bio text from college and took notes. I've worked in a molecular genetics lab for eleven years, so any genetics related stuff I didn't even need to review. My weak spot was ecology, botany, systematics, etc. I just studied that stuff like mad. I was most worried about my bio score because I was getting 18s or so on TopScore! I ended up with a 22. Its hard to say what to focus on because the questions come from all over. Definitely know all the stuff they ask in that booklet they send when you apply to take the DAT.
    AS far as the TopScore cd, mine will expire soon. It's best to get a new one - that way you'll have a full six months with it.
    Good luck, Margaret