1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

MSSM F-up

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by bufer1, Mar 30, 2004.

1. bufer1

bufer1 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I recently received an email from Mt. Sinai saying that they have cancelled their 2nd look for waitlisters this year--- the strange part was they sent it in a mass email stating all the recipients!! From what i gather, all WLers now know not only how many people are on the list (180), but their names and schools!! Perhaps MSSM should be a little more careful in their correspondence, as they could not have meant to do this! :laugh:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. secretmiss

secretmiss Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

They sent an apology email today actually.

4. exmike

exmike NOR * CAL
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    i didnt get it. maybe they only sent the apology to people they like :(

5. MedAppGurl

MedAppGurl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i have a quick question for you sinai ex-interviewees:
    how long did it take you post-interview to be notified? waitlist or acceptance?
    were you notified via snail mail or email first??
    just curious - since i'm waiting

thanks!

6. TRUE

TRUE slacker extraordinaire
    7+ Year Member

The post-interview time was very different for different people. I was fortunate enough to hear back about a week after my interview but there are many people who are on here who didn't hear back for a month or more. Some of those people still got accepted straight off so the time you wait doesn't correlate with your chances.

As for acceptences, they are given via e-mail with follow up snail-mail. I'm not 100% sure on the waitlists, but I believe it's only snail-mail.

7. secretmiss

secretmiss Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Interviewed in early Nov. and didn't hear anything until the email last week about the waitlist. I called up and found out that they supposedly notified me 6 weeks (mid Dec) about my status. Either the letter was lost in the mail or they are not on top of things there. If you haven't heard in awhile, I would seriously call up and find out what's up.

8. Tankitytank

Tankitytank Array
    7+ Year Member

I sort of expected this from MSSM. I mean, on the date of my interview, they scheduled conflicting interview times, their presentation powerpoint was shown twice because some faculties walked in late, students showed up late for lunch (we were kept entertained by Kelli Bailey), tour was cut short because the guide had plans to be elsewhere, and despite all that I'm still hoping for good news from the waitlist :cool:

I received my waitlist notification (the email one) about three weeks after my interview.

Also, I only find 154 students in the waitlist email, does that mean there are more than one batches of MSSM waitlist emails? If someone is as anxious as I am about the answer, the first email on my list is @bowdoin.edu and the last is @urmc.Rochester.edu.

[Edit: should be 180, counting error]

9. TRUE

TRUE slacker extraordinaire
    7+ Year Member

In the post on this forum about the second look/waitlist e-mail, someone posted that their list is 180 people long. Perhaps there are 2 or more lists then, but you'd have to find that post and ask the person who wrote that.

10. exmike

exmike NOR * CAL
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    uh oh, there are at least two lists. mine starts with yale.edu, is populated with mostly hotmail and yahoo, and ends with wesleyan.

so we can guess the total list is about 300+. doesnt look good.

11. Super Rob

Super Rob Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

counted 109. So, what? There's like 3,468 people on the waitlist out of the 3,469 that interviewed and didn't get accepted? I thought we were in a "good position of high acceptableness," with a good chance of being pulled off in May or June... ha ha.

12. medicalmedical

medicalmedical Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Also, I only find 154 students in the waitlist email, does that mean there are more than one batches of MSSM waitlist emails? If someone is as anxious as I am about the answer, the first email on my list is @bowdoin.edu and the last is @urmc.Rochester.edu. [/B][/QUOTE]

this is my first post so bear with me but i'm waiting on sinai too and it's driving me nuts. maybe the list sent out differently to different people? because mine started with @bowdoin.edu and ended with [email protected] but it had 180 people in total. it also had tons of hotmail and yahoo on it. how many people were on the list that started with yale.edu and ended with wesleyan?

13. Tankitytank

Tankitytank Array
    7+ Year Member

Ops my bad, there are 180 people on my list, not 154. Please don't make fun of my counting :confused: