MSSM lost my LORs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

foobear

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just called MSSM for a status check and they told me they haven't received my LORs. I sent them from California 8/16. They said they have a backlog and they might be in there but it's been a month and a half. Should I send them again? Arrrr....

Members don't see this ad.

i never heard of a school being so backed up they couldnt even FILE your LORs in a month and a half. did you ask them if you should send it again? and even if you did...by their reasoning...if you are going to send your LORs today, that means they will not see them till like december. ;)

i guess it wouldnt hurt to send them again. if you have the money and dont mind spending it...then go ahead.

i've had the same problem. a return postcard was even included with the letters, and they marked them as recieved on august 24th. but somehow they never made it into my file. they just kept saying to "call next week," that things should be updated by then. last monday i finally said i would re-send them, and the woman i talked to then thought that might be the best idea...

certainly doesn't give the best impression, to say the least.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called to check my status today...same story. Secondary submitted 8/28, Letters sent 8/30. She said that the backlog isn't that long and they are probably lost. Argggggggg. Just one more hoop to jump through. End rant.

Post in the Admission Offices that Suck thread!

Yeah. Looks like they are lost. If you can, have your letters sent with a tracking number/signature proof so that you can nail down that they rec'd the docs. This happened to me with Tulane, but with the sig proof in hand I was able to have them "suddenly find" my LORs.

Good luck!

jlee9531 said:
i never heard of a school being so backed up they couldnt even FILE your LORs in a month and a half. .

haha, try OSU....the bastard on the phone laughed at me and asked how i could expect it to take less than a month for them to file letters when i sent them from CA....he said i should expect it to take longer than a month.

wow. lost letters! i'd die if that happened to me cause my school doesnt do a committee thing and i would have to go to my profs again

but i called mssm today and two of my science letters are in, but they need a non science still so im going to my stats prof........i was just going to wing it but apparently that would;ve have been fly

just call them scuba, they'll never get back to you lol

they have set times, mondays and wednesdays to check your status, 2-4pm eastern time.

Scubadoc said:
thanks wends, i shall call them tomorrow :thumbup:

tomorrow would be tuesday...not wednesday ;)

They lost mine too. WTF!! Is it that hard? :thumbup:

They lost mine too! My pre-med office got a postcard saying they recieved them over a month ago. Did they have them all in one big pile that accidentally got thrown away or something? How can an admissions office lose so many people's letters? Someone please tell me the admissions office is not representative of the med school...do you guys think admin offices are reflective of the overall organization of the school?

rockstar2525 said:
They lost mine too! My pre-med office got a postcard saying they recieved them over a month ago. Did they have them all in one big pile that accidentally got thrown away or something? How can an admissions office lose so many people's letters? Someone please tell me the admissions office is not representative of the med school...do you guys think admin offices are reflective of the overall organization of the school?

man, i sure as heck hope not. when i called about my LORs, the woman on the phone asked me if i had sent an email to them regarding what i had just told her. i said yes, i sent two. she said, well you don't need to send TWO, they WILL respond. so i told her well, the first email was sent over a month ago and i have not heard anything and am concerned about my LORs. she said, well you will just have to wait until they email you! to which i asked, well, is there any way you could at least answer my question as it is a general question, not a specific one? she said "i can but you can't quote me on it". SO i was thinking, why in the world do they set aside those 2 hours to answer questions about your application if the person on the phone won't, in fact, answer your question?

by the way, i am still waiting to have either of the emails responded to. :rolleyes:

hey they lost my letters too! I have to resend them. They probably lost a whole bunch...

maybe they accidentally got forwarded to mount doom. do you think we could send frodo on a fact finding mission?

Dr Turninkoff said:
maybe they accidentally got forwarded to mount doom. do you think we could send frodo on a fact finding mission?

LOLOLOL

i should be complete at MSSM tomorrow!! XD XD!!, my non sci prof just faxed over his letter today so i'll call tomorrow at 2pm to make sure everything is ok!, the dean of admissions, Kelly is SO NICE. :)

Did MSSM lose ya'lls LORs after you were already "complete"?

They told me that I am "complete" but I am wondering if they could lose LORs after the fact? :scared:

-tx

They never told me I was complete. I bet they lost a pile of letters at once, but if yours weren't in that pile and somehow made it to your folder I bet you are in good shape.

txguy said:
Did MSSM lose ya'lls LORs after you were already "complete"?

They told me that I am "complete" but I am wondering if they could lose LORs after the fact? :scared:

-tx

If they told you that you were complete than you are fine. When I called, they told me to have the letters resent (it had been a month), but then my professional school advisor called and they told her the letters were in my file. So, either the letters were physically in the file and they may have forgotten to update their tracking system -or- the letters were processed within that day. Who knows. I called back this Monday and they said my file was complete. :D