Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

MSSM mini med school

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Chrisobean, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Chrisobean

Chrisobean The Killer Bean
    7+ Year Member

i just thought i'd post this, if anyone cares, it seems kinda interesting...

www.mssm.edu/minimed

a series of 5 lectures
    offers the public a chance to learn in academic detail about a wide variety of surgical subtopics.

you can pay for all 5 ($55) or per course ($12)
    4/27, 5/11, 5/18, 6/1, 6/8. 6-8pm

lectures are by MDs, PhDs and (gasp!) DOs

2. FinallyOnMyWay

7+ Year Member

I went to one of these sessions a few years back - it was awesome! I think the topics were anesthesiology & orthopedics (i know - weird combo...). They show you the latest technology they're using to teach with and to practice medicine.

:D

3. mosoriire

mosoriire Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

My only issue is that it's so spread out...You know, if I wanted the whole shebang, I couldnt if I'm not in NY. Otherswise, looks like soemthing I would totally want to attend, just to satisfy my curiosity

4. RAwe

RAwe Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Thanx Chrisobean for posting this up, I did not know about it at all, I 'm going tomorrow. Its an awesome opportunity to see a little of what its like for us future applicants.

5. FinallyOnMyWay

7+ Year Member

Hey RAwe -

The first session is APRIL 27th - not March. Just thought I'd draw your attention to that - it kinda sucks to show up on the wrong day. ;)

6. Celestron2000

Celestron2000 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I did a mini medschool at the university of Kentucky a couple of years back. Some of the lectures were very interesting. I would reccomend it to anyone.